Hammer A3 41D PLANER THICKNESSER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desmo11225

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again every one
We are thinking about purchasing a planer thicknesser and would like some comments on the Hammer A3 41D sold by the Felder Group in Milton Keynes .
The write up and reviews are very good ,has anyone had experience with these machines or are there any other machines a better deal
We have'nt been to Milton Keynes yet but apparently they have an exhibition in March , any thoughts would be appreciated . Thank you. desmo11225

I've had the A331 since 2014 and has been a great machine.
You are limited to taking off 3mm per pass.

What type of work do you need it for?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I had the A3-41 lovely machine, obviously not quite the same build quality as the parent company Felder.
Having said that, it done everything I needed it to.
Had to sell when the divorce came through, :(
That was all about 10 years ago, and have since (last year) bought the A3-31 with the spiral block.
Cannot fault that either. Cuts really well especially on "narley" timber. Also was amazed how much quieter the spiral block is compared to the tersa style block.
If you are interested in the Hammer machine pop along in March to the open day. If you are buying a single phase machine the salesman you need to talk to is Russell Jones, top man to deal with.
hope that helps.

Mark.

desmo11225":1z8dwv7o said:
We are thinking about purchasing a planer thicknesser and would like some comments on the Hammer A3 41D

The A3 41D isn’t a planer thicknesser it’s a stand alone thicknesser a very good machine, I had one for around 4 years with a spiral block, it handled everything I threw at it & is still working admirably in the cabinet shop I sold it to when I upgraded to A3 41 again with a spiral block. As ChippyJoe says they are remarkably quiet when compared to a standard blade machine with the added bonus that the finished surface is also better.

Thank you, JonathonS, Chippyjoe, and DougB , for your prompt replies which are very encouraging ,the machine will be used for general woodwork , at the moment we are using a lot of bamboo , which is some thing new to us also we are restricted to single phase , so the man you mention at Milton Keynes would be very helpful ,we have thoughts on using Inverters as well and are looking for some top guidance , All the Best to You. desmo11225

Back