Hammer a3 41 ready 16 weeks early

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Hodges

Established Member
Reaction score
Mixed blessing after getting off the phone with the guys a Milton Keynes. I went in last week to place a deposit and order for an a3 41 with spiral cutter and was told there would be a lead time of 12-16 weeks, it was a good time line as I need to do an extension on the workshop so it would even fit!!
They just called and said it’s ready for pick up next week so I need to get my extension done asap and sell my Axminster planer thickneser to make space.

Here's a question, with a spiral cutter block is there still such an issue with snipe or is this only down to the setting of the tables?

Here's a question, with a spiral cutter block is there still such an issue with snipe or is this only down to the setting of the tables?

I can't see a spiral block making any difference as snipe is caused by incorrect set up or tables that aren't strong or rigid enough which flex and move.

Congratulations on the new machine Adam (y)

Mixed blessing after getting off the phone with the guys a Milton Keynes. I went in last week to place a deposit and order for an a3 41 with spiral cutter and was told there would be a lead time of 12-16 weeks, it was a good time line as I need to do an extension on the workshop so it would even fit!!
They just called and said it’s ready for pick up next week so I need to get my extension done asap and sell my Axminster planer thickneser to make space.
Hi Adam.
I ordered an ad 741 last August thinking my new workshop would be ready by the end of the year , it came late November and I picked it up a couple of weeks ago ( workshop nearly finished ! )
All credit to Felder for storing it for me.

Clive.

The spiral block makes no difference to snipe. On my machine I had to adjust a lot of tension off the rollers to stop it sniping when thicknessing.

Ollie

Back