Had a visit from Festool today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
A month ago I was phoned by Festool Germany and asked many questions about the TS55 and the guy said he was coming over and could he visit me, well he turned up today.

About 3.45 he turned up spent an hour nearly showing me lots of prototypes with new and old ideas and what did I get for my time F*** all bloody tight gits I thought I might get at least a Festool tshirt or something, as he left he said I might have a pen if you want it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny enough I spoke to an electrician today and he had a visit from another German company FLUKE who make testers, they paid him £100 for his time and he is meeting with them again up in central London and getting paid again thats how it should be done Festool. :x :x :x

I dont expect to be payed but I would expect to be given some sort of thank you for my valuable market research.

I suppose I will just have to sell the ideas I saw today to Makita or Dewalt then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had the same last Month, although I did get a visit from a nice German girl.

Did I get anything - didly squat...

You're thoughts were mine exactly. Valuable market research from someone like you who has spent a large fortune on festool.

Oh well..

Mark

Mine was a guy called Alex not my type :lol:

Did she show you a flexy rail ?

That was funny it was obviously a Mafell rail with a Festool sticker over the Mafell logo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems they have been showing off the new 14mm 'giant Domino' on visits like that in the US.....

I had a visit out of the blue from a German bloke from Festool with the prototype mitre saw in the back of his Audi estate a few years ago - long before it hit the market.

I was actually quite pleased to be asked my opinions, and certainly didn't expect any sort of reward.

chippy1970":yoq1i9pl said:
…About 3.45 he turned up spent an hour nearly showing me lots of prototypes with new and old ideas …
Well, don't keep us in suspense, what did he show you! =P~

My lady visited about a month ago and was was doing her research on a new range of screws that festool may want to promote.

I said they were no different from say spax screws. She also showed me some little plastic boxes they may distribute them in. They were a little small and only held about 50 screws.

I didnt think much of the idea as you would go through the packs on site at a fast rate and i would guess they would not be cost effective.

Nice girl though and she stayed for a couple of hours, my wife was even going to invite her for her dinner as we felt a little sorry for her.

Mark

BradNaylor":1zqvcjg3 said:
I had a visit out of the blue from a German bloke from Festool with the prototype mitre saw in the back of his Audi estate a few years ago - long before it hit the market.

I was actually quite pleased to be asked my opinions, and certainly didn't expect any sort of reward.

Brad, dont get me wrong i was pleased too but i did expect some sort of thank you for my time. What i didnt mention was that the appointment was booked for this morning but he rang me yesterday within one hour of coming to see if he could come a day earlier which i didnt have a problem with. I then stayed on the job im working at just to see him long after everyone else had gone home.

Flexy rails, changable bases, dust catchers , and a few ideas that are already on the mafell saw. A few ideas for accesories too it was very interesting to see the mock up prototypes.

Back