Had a Little practice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I decided yesterday to use up a few offcuts on the SS. Now I know it's not up to the standards of most of the work that's shown on here, but we all have to start somewhere.

IMG_0317.JPG

As time progresses I'll get more adventurous.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,188
well done! they look better than my first attempts...... my problem was i was putting too much pressure on a blade that wasn't tensioned enough resulting in the blade bending so the sides had angles on instead of being square oooooooooopppps lol
Cheers
Brian

Hi Waka
There is nothing wrong with your work, just be careful, scrolling gets to be additive!!!
Regards
Brendan

What they all said! ^^^^^ :D
Looks good to me. I still haven't got the hang of cutting tight curves for jigsaws and the like, so well done indeed.

Looks OK to me! The main thing is did you enjoy the experience and do you want to cut more? If yes join the addiction

John

jonluv":1yknekdw said:
Looks OK to me! The main thing is did you enjoy the experience and do you want to cut more? If yes join the addiction

John

John

I did enjoy making them, and hope to get more adventurous as time goes by.

Hello Waka.

For a first time effort you've done great !
Maybe use a smaller blade next time to get closer fit but it's not essential. =D>

Scrollerman":39s38bib said:
Hello Waka.

Maybe use a smaller blade next time to get closer fit but it's not essential. =D>

Thanks for the in put, what size would you recommend?

Waka":17v5gzio said:
Scrollerman":17v5gzio said:
Hello Waka.

Waka, as I don't know the size blade you used to cut with, I can only suggest you try the next size down.
As I said in my previous reply, it's not essential but jigsaws tend to look better if the gaps aren't overly large.

Carter Johnson ( a member here who no longer posts) is a master of making jigsaw puzzles.
Here's a YouTube link of him at work and notice the very fine blade he's using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDlGUhVom4

You can also do a search on this site for Carter Johnson to see his posts and the wonderful jigsaw puzzles he's made on his DeWalt scroll saw.

Hope this helps.

Scrollerman":2r1gnz2w said:
Waka":2r1gnz2w said:
Scrollerman":2r1gnz2w said:
Hello Waka.

Waka, as I don't know the size blade you used to cut with, I can only suggest you try the next size down.
As I said in my previous reply, it's not essential but jigsaws tend to look better if the gaps aren't overly large.

Carter Johnson ( a member here who no longer posts) is a master of making jigsaw puzzles.
Here's a YouTube link of him at work and notice the very fine blade he's using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDlGUhVom4

You can also do a search on this site for Carter Johnson to see his posts and the wonderful jigsaw puzzles he's made on his DeWalt scroll saw.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

The blade I used was a 7, I'll try and 5 on the next one and work down until I get the line nice and thin.

Hi Waka I suggest you use a No 3,if you can try and get P'egas No 3R Reverse Skip ref 90.428 or P'egas No 5R Double Reverse Skip ref 90.432.Both blades I use regularly,with good clean cuts.

Bryan

Back