Hacks to help cope with the heat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather wish I could store this heat (which I like) to heat the house through the winter. I measured the exterior brickwork a few days back 30C in the shade and 50C in the sun. Sand battery?
My loft is full up with it - I just wonder how long it willlast me into Autumn & Winter!!! :unsure: :)

Just looking at news stories related to flooding and rainfall over the last few weeks.
  • Kentucky - 37 dead
  • Death Valley - 1 in 1000 year event
  • Record rainfall kills 9 Seoul
  • Sydney smashes July rainfall record (1858)
  • Christchurch (NZ) sets new July rainfall record
  • Anchorage could see wettest July on record
  • UAE - non-stop rainfall breaks 27 year record
What I want to know is who is stealing our rain and how did they get it from here to there.
It's them darn Ruskies!!!😃

Your world may not have come to an end yet but Global warming has certainly ended many others around the world, floods, mud slides, volcano eruption and thousands of lives lost but you're alright though.

volcano eruptions related to "global warming"?

Just looking at news stories related to flooding and rainfall over the last few weeks.
  • Kentucky - 37 dead
  • Death Valley - 1 in 1000 year event
  • Record rainfall kills 9 Seoul
  • Sydney smashes July rainfall record (1858)
  • Christchurch (NZ) sets new July rainfall record
  • Anchorage could see wettest July on record
  • UAE - non-stop rainfall breaks 27 year record
What I want to know is who is stealing our rain and how did they get it from here to there.

Two nights ago, I took it.

Last week, after a fairly warm month, I wanted to refinish a floor. Heat would've been welcome, but instead ,we had a combination of temps in the 70s (in the 50s overnight on some occasions) and then capped off with rain at the end.

At least where I live, we haven't really had any experience with extreme weather or dryness or whatever else. But to my aging self, it does seem like the dewpoint average has crept up each year.

maybe that's just my age and past 2-decdade habit of spending far too much time in air conditioning, though.

I doubt that most of the records above are really too far outside of normal variation. Not for a site - we always have site variation, but as a collection of point events. There will just be different points next year, and the year after, and occasionally a point that shows up several times.

No worries, science.org suggests we may see 1700s like temperatures again in the 2030s.

lol media induced c*** led by grant chasing pseudo scientists. Good drama though!

Quote 'Aerosols from volcanic plumes confined to the troposphere are washed out by precipitation in a matter of weeks, making their climatic impacts relatively minor and much more localised.'

Hence leading to increased deep sea carbon burial and increased chemical erosion of sillicaceous rocks leading to increased carbon removal to deep sea. Nothing of that referenced in that report. The carbon cycle is speeding up, that seems logical to assume, but all the superlative stuff is just a joke! Bit like Love Island really. Feed the masses as much bull as possible.

lol media induced c*** led by grant chasing pseudo scientists. Good drama though!

Quote 'Aerosols from volcanic plumes confined to the troposphere are washed out by precipitation in a matter of weeks, making their climatic impacts relatively minor and much more localised.'

Hence leading to increased deep sea carbon burial and increased chemical erosion of sillicaceous rocks leading to increased carbon removal to deep sea. Nothing of that referenced in that report. The carbon cycle is speeding up, that seems logical to assume, but all the superlative stuff is just a joke! Bit like Love Island really. Feed the masses as much bull as possible.
Sounds like you don't really understand a lot of this stuff!
Just reading the book Adventures in the Anthropocene by Gaia Vince – review
Explains things very well in an easy "popular science" sort of way. Essential reading.
She's less optimistic in her more recent work Nomad Century: How to Survive the Climate Upheaval by Gaia Vince review – a world without borders which I haven't read yet.
It's not "the carbon cycle speeding up" it's more a case of the science not being sufficiently alarmist from earlier on, perhaps due to the massive opposition from the sceptic/loony fringe, which is now becoming a very minority position as reality overtakes!.

volcano eruptions related to "global warming"?
Volcanic eruptions relate to climate change.
Melting ice sheets relate to earth movements and possibly volcanic eruptions.

Back