H&L HAVE LISTENED TO US!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, although I can see it advertised - I don't subscribe to that channel - so no viewing for me :?

Adam

Sadly this is still no use to those of us that have to work away from home or cannot watch TV at work :twisted: Its obviously too much to ask for half an hour between fishing and property makeover shows one evening a week for his Normness :roll:

In desperation I have taken to watching This Old House early on a Saturday/Sunday morning. Although I am constantly boggling at the size of the homes featured it does have a few interesting bits and pieces in now and again - Norm actually toured an MDF factory a few weeks ago :shock:

Steve.

I remembered to set the video last night, which is just as well, as today I'd completely forgotten about it until this thread appeared!

Fingers crossed the VCR worked!

V.

That planter's table looks strangely familiar...

H&L have let us down yet again :(.

Gill

GillD":5s256f5w said:
That planter's table looks strangely familiar...

H&L have let us down yet again :(.

Gill
Have our paths crossed before Gill? lmao

I dont thing the H&L forum admin was very impressed with all the attacks they received today for their ' technical difficulties'
Today's episode could not air due to technical difficulties so an old episode had to replace it

Read from the last post on this page http://community.discoverychannel.co.uk ... 491014&p=4

I don't know what on earth is wrong with you guys!!

Have you not seen the name of their newest program which will run all day, every day from now on:

"Relocating carp (cr*p?) fishing on houseboats in the sun returns for salvaging reels up ladders in the country".

Maybe they have an animal rights agenda - by showing 24 hour a day fishing slots :evil: it stops fish being caught :lol:

Until the woodworking stuff gets back on my bid for Sky Plus falls on deaf ears at the 'mo, if you catch my drift: 'but there aren't any programs you'd watch when your'e in the workshop so why do we need it' :cry:

Cheers

T

At least he seems to be capable of doing his job, not something we can accuse the rest of H&L's staff of...

Interesting to see him volunteering the URL for the feedback form - maybe he's a frustrated chippy himself!

Nice rant guys - give 'em Hell!! :twisted:

V.

Tim - So you actually want Sky + Please don't do it. - Everyone knows (After they sign up & start paying the monthly subscription) that there is a design fault with the DVD part. The box is Pace (UK) but the DVD inside is German, a long running dispute between Pace & the German manufacturer (Whe is actually blaming some Japanese supplier of a 'chip' part) means that the box 'locks up' from time to time & you can't record or playback. What's really annoying is that although there is a 'fallback' mode which allows continued live viewing the Sky help desk muppets don't have this on their script so if you ring up they'll put you through a routine which means that you end up with nothing and a three week wait for an engineer to call. This is all true & happened to me several times.

Losos":1eqxq1ui said:
Tim - So you actually want Sky + Please don't do it. - Everyone knows (After they sign up & start paying the monthly subscription) that there is a design fault with the DVD part.

Actually everyone doesn't - me included.

There is no DVD in the Sky+ box - there is a hard disk though. I have had mine since June last year and lost just 2 or 3 recordings. I love the thing - I watch no more tv than before but watch it when I want, with a decent picture and stereo sound -even dolby digital on some films. I can even set it up to record a whole series at the press of a button. It's great! :D

Pete
(who doesn't work for Sky, though he did use to work for the company that produced the head-end equipment)

IMO, don't buy Sky+ unless you really want to record off one Sky channel and watch a different one (that's what you'll pay the £10 a month for).

Instead, buy a personal video recorder (i.e. HD + DVD Recorder combo). We just bought the Pioneer 520HS for Crimbo and it's really great. £370 from Empire Direct.

Admitedly, that's about £170 more than the Sky+ box, but it has a 80gig HDD plus a DVD recorder built in, and no £10 a month subscription. That gives around 35hrs or good quality (SP) recording on the HDD.

It's one of those "I don't know how we managed before this" type of devices. Very much recommended.

I'm now capturing all those episodes of NYW in top quality (including the new series). Best of all, you can edit out the adverts very quickly (something which Sky+ doesn't allow you to do I believe).

Martin

Back