GWW Table Saw tenons - Ian Dalziel doing a Norm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Ian

If you keep this up that barrier will be out of the reach of everyone. :wink:

Did you also have to include the shot of the Biesemeyer fence? :roll:

Your table saw tenoning jig looks incredibly sturdy and, dare I say it, safe.

Well done, absolutely excellent.

Cheers
Neil

PS What did Andy have to say about removing certain parts of your table saw?

Oy, Neil - for those of us who don't subscribe to GWW you might add a little more info. Or is this a new teasing campaign to drive up GWW subscriber numbers? :)

Hi Pete

Ian has made a large jig for cutting tenons on the tablesaw a'la'Norm.

The jig is micro adjustable and will cut tenons safely at angles from 0-50 degrees.

If you want anymore you'll have to buy the magazine or go to WHS/Borders and read it. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

I keep seeing mention of GWW but never the full name.
My local newsagent only has 3 mags on display.
The Woodworker, Traditional Woodworking & Practical Woodworker.

Oh, I'll be buying the mag, just like every month :). Must send off my subscription - been on my To Do list for ages!

Hi Dewy

The Mag they are talking about is Good Woodworking. It has the largest circulation of a British Woodworking Mag. Two of its editors and at least three of its contributors are contributing members of UKworkshop. I Hope this explains it.

All the best

John

Hi Dewy

John's beaten me to it. You could always follow the Good Woodworking banner that appears at the top of some screens on this site.

Hi John

I thought I was the early bird. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil
You would have to get up early to beat me. :lol:
Israel is 2 hours in front of you.
And when I was working I was getting up at 5-30 my time :shock: but now that I am in between jobs its about 7 am. Hopefully I will be home soon and get back to some more sensible timetables. Working on Sundays has just never felt right even after twenty years of it.
Anyway I look forward to hearing all about the new equipment when you finally get a chance to use it. :)

Best wishes

John

Newbie_Neil":quix7i12 said:
Did you also have to include the shot of the Biesemeyer fence?

The context suggests you approve of these fences? I've not been able to study them at close quarters, or even find a decent picture, but from what I do know they seem unsafe due to having no way to adjust the effective length of the fence
John

John

johnelliott":3lj7bpmd said:
The context suggests you approve of these fences?

A little while ago I was looking for an aftermarket fence and IIRC the Biesemeyer was the favourite recommendation. I was put off by the cost so it was never progressed.

I've not been able to study them at close quarters, or even find a decent picture.

That makes two of us.

but from what I do know they seem unsafe due to having no way to adjust the effective length of the fence

Sorry, I can't comment as I don't know.

Cheers
Neil

Thanks John & Neil. I put 2 and 2 together to guess the name but have not seen it in the newsagents. Not that that's unusual there. They recently moved all the woodworking magazines to a different part of the magazine racks. I had to look through hundreds of mags before I could find the one I wanted.

Thanks Neil,

Now got a new computer, a virus killed the last one, for anyone interested the jig works brilliantly, if you watch norm do his with his delta you'll see he normally cuts the tenon on the inside face, this normally gives a bad kickback, something you dont see on TV, with mine i prefer to do it on the outer face this then allows the waste to just fall away, safer all round.

i have got some more fantastic jigs coming out, i think the router table is next issue and then i have built a ********** which has a wooden fence on it that has accuracies as good as the beismeyer but you'll have to wait and see it, i think issue 153.

Thanks for your support
Ian

For all those interested Good Woodworking is generally available at most WH smith branches apart from those at stations and airports etc. Unfortunately, due to our distribution methods, you'll rarely find it on the shelves of independent newsagents, although they can all order it in. Best thing of course is to take out a subscription, then you don't need to worry about finding it. Check out the link from here: http://www.goodwoodworking.co.uk

Back