GWW Issue 155 their best yet! :-)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I do enjoy reading my copy of GWW when the nice Postie drops it through my letterbox (yes, I'm a subscriber)

However, I have to say that I think this months issue has to be one of the best yet

clapping.gif

page 79 had me flabergasted, speechless, bowled over.......

flabergasted2.gif

rookie

<thinks> Hmm, wonder what's on page 79...? :wink: Have to agree though; good issue. 'Course it was a "Steve Maskery bumper edition" so what else should we expect? :D The small print in the advert on page 81 took me aback a bit though. :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":tafmyzfo said:
Course it was a "Steve Maskery bumper edition" so what else should we expect?

Awwww, shucks!! :oops: Thank you.

Yes I gather it's a bit of a Steve Maskery Memorial Edition, anyone would think I'd just died. Not complaining, of course! I haven't got my copy yet, so I've not read it properly, but I did have a quick shufty at my neighbour's copy yesterday. I'll have to go round again and see what's on p79. And 81. Unless someone can enlighten us all?

The tall set of draws.

There are measurements missing from the plan.

The overall length of the side,
The length of the side between base and top

Perhaps our good freind can obtain these measures

Looking forward to Steeves project.

For Steve, 'cos it's your birthday:
Pg 79 "Does the team think...?" with highlights of this thread including the piccy (fame for rookie! :D ).
Pg 81 Rather a classy ad from BriMarc for Veritas planes, indicating an on-line independent review well known to this writer at the bottom. :oops:

DW, so they have. Bummer. Not beyond the wit of woodworking man to work them out though, with the aid of the cutting list.

SDP, well don't tell anyone, but I have in the past. :oops: It's a bit brutal for the job though really, unless the sole's seriously screwed up.

Cheers, Alf

Yes I've been back and had another look.

DW, I agree with you, the tall chest of drawers looks superb, and I've been thinking of making something similar for our bedroom, instead of my wife's pre-Steve ghastly twee pine dressing table. I also have a set of ten drawer dividing frames which I made before changing the size of my wife's desk. They are waiting to be used. I may well adapt the design for my own use.

Charley, could you persuade Veritas to make a donation for the use of the "Independent Review"? Or would that make it no longer Independent?

Cheers
Steve

TALL SET OF DRAWERS

I definately want to base a set of drawers on this plan but I want to go no higher than 1020mm.

Woul most probably leave off the top two drawers, can anyone please tell me what the measurements of 5 drawers should be using the same principle of design rules

Back