Gutter guards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I had a slate come off the roof of the house and straight through the back window of my wife's car. The house is Victorian and the nails have rusted through. I've had quite a few slip over the lastvfew years and a lift and renail (and under felt which I currently don't have) is on the cards for the not too distant future.

However in the mean time I'm trying to think of a way to prevent any more car damage as I can't really park them anywhere else. I was initially thinking of the type of boards that prevent snow coming off roof but think they will be unsightly. Im trying to come up with a solution that will catch any more slipping slates, not be unsightly or bulky and be cheap. This is intended to be temporary, so easy to put up and take down when I get round to having the roof fixed.

Any suggestion?

Mark

The anti-snow-slip boards can be quite tall IIRC, you would only need them to stand an inch or two, which would probably not be noticed.

Back