gutted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
well my new 804 arrived today, day off work to tinker and have fun or so i thought. When the truck arrived i found the delivery guy chucking bits of metal around in the back of the wagon (my fence and rails) :( This was because the saw itself was already assembled and had fallen off the pallet when he untied it. I took it in anyway so i could properly inspect it but it looks like the it has fallen onto the tilt handwheel and bent the shaft. It still turns freely enough but wobbles like a wobbly thing. The aluminium faces of the beismeyer type fence have deep dings in them i guess it didn't take too kindly to being bounced around. Arrrrrg! if only the driver had rang my doorbell and asked me for some help this could have been avoided.

I called woodford when i realised the problems and they will send me a new machine from the batch that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So at least they are looking after me. But there is no chance i will get near the couple of projects i was planning before xmas :(

One thing for sure now that i have had a proper look at the machine, i know that i made the right choice its a great piece of kit. Also i added a mobile base from woodford as part of the order and am very impressed with the quality all metal and only 32 quid.

Sorry to hear that Tombo.

It must have been like unwrapping your toys as a kid only to find that Santa had forgotten to bring any batteries :( Better luck with the next one, hopefully Woodford will put a rush on and you'll get it for the weekend.

Cheers,

Simon

simon,

the wheels at woodford turn much more slowly, they have been out of stock of these machines for a good few weeks. A batch of saws will be arriving to them from the far east tomorrow but things can and probably will go wrong to delay that delivery. But i Know it will be worth the wait, i'm just glad i've got my name on one from what they tell me they can sell twice as many machines as they get.

Tom

Oh Tombo, Have you not heard there is Fog, Frost & Snow on the way tomorrow :(

Sorry to hear your troubles but think how busy you can be after Xmas.

Tom

What a shame, just when you think the new toy has arrived there are problems.

I had some problems when mine arrived, but it was soon sorted.

Good luck with the replacement.

Roger Sinden":wt5tmtwm said:
Once could be just bad luck, twice is just plain stupidity IMHO. Especially if it is still the same carrier.
I'm not trying to defend Woodford here, but sending stuff out on carrier is always a fraught thing for everyone who has to do it 8-[ . I know of one local furniture manufacturer here in the North West who run a home delivery service in house, at considerable cost, having worked through a staggering 200+ carrier services over about 5 years. The biggest problem I've found is getting a carrier's driver to read what it says on the delivery note and act accordingly - well that and trying to ensure that they realy don't drop things off the back of their lorry :roll: . But I suppose that's what you get by paying delivery drivers peanuts -- monkeys! :-#

Tombo

Hope everything works out with your new tablesaw. :mrgreen:

Scrit

tombo if you want me to go with you and collect the saw if it in the manchester depot it will be no problem i went with kev for his its a lot safer and saves on the delivery charge .it will fit in my car .

frank

frank,

wow frank that is very generous indeed, this forum realy does bring out the best in folk. What kind of car have you got? i considered picking it up in mine but thought it would be too big.

Tom

Tombo, I picked up my 801 from Woodford (lovely machine) in my Rover 600 saloon without any problems (other than the back end of the car sinking a lot on the springs), and the staff even loaded it for me :)

Dennis

tombo":12gov95v said:
i considered picking it up in mine but thought it would be too big.
Looking at the picture of your car, how about lashing it to the roll bar. Looks to be plenty of headroom for it. :whistle: :wink:

Just had a call from woodford, they are delivereing a new machine on wednesday next week woohoo!!.
Frank thanks for your very kind offer of a lift but its a bit more complicated as the old machine needs to be collected. But if you have nothing better to do you can always come over and help me bolt it together i would be glad of the company :D.

Tom

It will be well worth the wait, :wink: man isnt that fence something 8) and watch out for the bolts for the fence I think I chucked mine out with the cardboard and had to buy new for the price of a pint :?

dave,

more than once i have used the kit car for carrying wood, much better than the family hatch, the roll bar makes an ideal lashing point. :D

Tom

tom no problem i will pm you later have got to pop out with the boss :evil: :evil:

frank

even more depressed...

the excitement of the arrival of my replacement saw had spread as far as runcorn and Frank paid me a visit to help set it up.... cheers frank.

but my anticipation was for nought, the new machine although delivered in an unmolested condition is not an 804 :(. The motor is internal and tilts to the left, the fence is a pale imitation of the beismeyer clone on the 804, its so lightweight i thought the box was empty.

Frank thinks that its an 802, and its probably a fine machine in its own right. Cast iron table and is well endowed in the arbor department if you know what i mean ;) but its just not what i ordered.

More worryingly when i called woodford about the problem, the guy there gave me the impression that this machine is the new version of the 804! So the chances of getting what i ordered will be zero. I am hoping that this is just a logistical c*ck up but i am loosing faith. Woodford are now closed till the new year so i have little chance of making any sawdust in whats left of 2005.

If any forum memers have an 802, and have photos for comparison i would love to have a gander

Tom

Really sorry to hear that Tombo :( I may be in the market for a TS next year and Woodford were on the list but it seems a number of people have been having major problems with the company. Since I am in Kent and cannot see them in person I am rapidly going off them - heck you can see them and they still cannot get it right.

Hope it gets sorted soon, major pain when you lash out that kind of money for a quality item - you kind of hope the service will match but alas it seems not.

Merry xmas anyway,

Steve.

Back