gutted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D Hi tomo I have an 802 basic model I was told that i had got the last one because they has stop makeing them hope fully i will get some photo,s this weekend or so i will let you know

martyn

Tom,
You are probably as confused as I am (a non-Woodford owner) and very disappointed - rotten luck at Xmas especially - many commiserations!

Martyn,

that would be a great help.

as a final irony, my new power twist belt has arrived...

what tom dident say was the fence was aluminium the bar it slides on is aly as well, to me it looks like the quality is slipping to save a few bob .the motor is hung like phillys ( no on his saw )it has a plastice base plate with a 2"spout for dust ex a plastice side door to get at the motor it came with two pressed metal side wings if this is the new woodfords i'm glad i got mine in february .oh yes and the guard or splitter is a thinner metal with a plastice guard, it reminded me of the guard on my old clarke saw.

frank

ps i liked the trolly wheels for the saw they looked the biz

frank,

i dont think its that bad, i have been having a look at the website of the manufacturer of the saws in taiwan. The machine i wanted that woodford call an 804 is still current look here:-

http://www.maoshan.com/p1_tsc-b.htm

and the machine i actually got is this:-

http://www.maoshan.com/tsc-10ras.htm

all i need to know is, is this a woodford 802? if it is then they have delivered the wrong machine. You can view old versions of the woodford web site via www.archive.org, but wouldnt you know it the picture of an 802 is missing. What you can get from the old site though is a price and the 802 was quite a bit cheaper than an 804. So that would explain the lower quality fence system.

tom

tom the tsc-e is the 802 tsc-10l is the 803 tsc-b is the 804 tsl-10lb is the 805
i still think they have sent you the wrong saw .and the build spec has come down on some of the parts.

frank

:D i haven't forgotten your photos tombo been in work most of christmans due to problems with phone lines I hate BT :evil: :evil: :evil:

martyn

dont get me started, BT can be the most infuraiating company to deal with. When you get a chance to take some photos i would much apreciate it

Tom

:D Here you go Tom is very much WIP but i hope it helps
eba00544698f00000001.jpg

eba00544698f00000002.jpg

eba00544698f00000003.jpg

eba00544698f00000004.jpg

sorrry i,m no David baily :oops: and its a new camera :oops:

martyn

Martyn,

thanks for the pics, the machine i got is nothing like that so it cant be an 802. Your machine looks very similar to the 804, but with a simpler fence system.

Tom

tom the fence on my 805 is the same as martyns i just beefed it up with a wood sandwich .it is cast steel on the front with a pressed steel fence .its a lot more robust than the fence on your saw ,have you been back in touch with them yet .

frank

Frank,

called them today, though i really do wonder how they manage to make any money. The chap that sold me the machine promised to call me back but never did, and no one else wanted to help as they did not know anything about it. I have a feeling that when i do get through the 804 will no longer be available.

Tom

Back