Guitar making. a lovely video to watch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection of kit too. One day I'll do an electric, but i doubt I'd have time to attempt an acoustic.... Great work

And this - a series of videos showing the making of a guitar out of a wooden box.

It's the ingenuity of the stuff he uses as hardware that I loved.

The playlist has the videos in reverse order.

The guy's delivery is, shall we say, a bit laid back and low impact, but maybe better erring too far that way than the ADHD hyperbole favoured by too many idiots on YT these days.

Disclaimer - I've not watched the full set. If you just want to cut to the chase and see the finished article:

and this is how it sounds:

And this - a series of videos showing the making of a guitar out of a wooden box.

It's the ingenuity of the stuff he uses as hardware that I loved.

The playlist has the videos in reverse order.

The guy's delivery is, shall we say, a bit laid back and low impact, but maybe better erring too far that way than the ADHD hyperbole favoured by too many idiots on YT these days.

Disclaimer - I've not watched the full set. If you just want to cut to the chase and see the finished article:

and this is how it sounds:

I play around making cigar box instruments and have done a couple of electrics plus a dulcimer. The OPs video was a great watch and while I realised just how crude my efforts are I also learned a few things from it. Always good to see a master at work.
I will get around to watching the cigar box clips when I get time and likely learn a bit more from that too. Here is a few I did a few years ago.
Regards
John

Attachments

• 20160817_091936.jpg
    20160817_091936.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160817_092035.jpg
    20160817_092035.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 0
I hate guitar makers. I get tired of pointing out No, the saw you use for cutting the fret slots is not a fret saw.

Back