Guide Rails: Mafell or Festool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAlvis

Reaction score
After reading threads over the last year its time for my first question.....

Putting the Saw aside....Which Guide Rail is the best?

What about joining the Rails....is Mafell faster and more accurate due to the design?

I have used both but have only used the rails with plunge saw only. Not in conjuction with routers, jigsaws, or parallel guides. I'm really interested to know if the Mafell guide rail connector is faster and more accurate than the Festool rails since thats a common issue.

The Mafell are a lot better, i have had both.....They are quicker, easier, more accurate (don't need to check with a straight edge), splinter strip does not keep falling off, you can clamp the rail closer to the cutting edge...

John...

Thanks for your reply.

If I would have posted this question on a US forum there would be a lot more discussion for Festool.
Festool has produced a strong following in America.

If you posted on somewhere like the FOG the Americans are totally obsessed with Festool, You can't say a bad word about there products.. Even the rubbish ones..Mafell in the USA is almost non existent so they can't really compare..
I own Festool products. I have the Kapex, Midi extractor, EHL 65 plane, and the OF 1400 router which are all okay but not worth the money.. I have also owned the TS55 and the Carvex which were both rubbish.

John..

Latest posts

Back