Guess what arrived in the post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losos":an304acu said:
It must be 1 metre from the boundary, and as Shady has said the restriction of light onto a neighbor could be an issue.

I have to admit, in a small garden, I've no option but to be less than 1 meter to the boundary, in fact I'm less than 1m on all three sides of the workshop! I have at least some pictures to show the monstrosity that was there previously, and have begrudgingly accepted if someone complains, I'd quite possibly have to move/reduce the workshop.

Adam

Bean, where can I get one of those matter reducing beams and has anyone done a review on them, do they work on credit card overdrafts as well?

I believe the Gadget shop has them, they re freely availiable on Betelguze, but only reduce the size of the print and not the balance, believe me I've tried :roll:

Bean

A thought a matter reducing beam was a piece of 4x2 with a bent nail sticking out of the end. Of course the amount it reduces said matter depends on how hard you swing it... :wink:

V.

Hi all

I have a very old shed, just 8 * 6, which is about one foot from the boundary.

If I replace the shed, in exactly the same position, does anyone know if I would need planning permission?

Cheers
Neil

AFAIK, You don't normally need planning permission for a normal shed, unless you're in a conservation area. You're only replacing an existing shed, which will probably look better than the existing one so no-one's likely to complain and I certainly wouldn't bother the planners.

All IMHO,

Pete

I am not suprised that building and planning offices the world over are home to infestations of cognitively disabled, officious, small-minded clowns.

An inquirer to my local building inspection office as to exactly what types of projects required permits elicited a response of, "just about everything except painting a closet."

They were not very helpful. Their primary purpose is obviously to make the process of application and approval so complicated, costly, and time consuming that one is forced to hire a job done rather that handling it as DIY.

:x

T., In New Jersey...

Back