Grrrr

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh great... Lovely sunny day, boys get off school bus in town square, local yoblet hurls stone at eldest (misses, luckily); eldest goes over to say 'what the ??', yoblet's studded mate smacks him in the mouth. I turn up, 3 of them hurl abuse.

Take deeeeeep breath, refrain from redesigning his face, get son home. Doc's opinion is stiches needed internally, so he and SWMBO are now off to the A&E at the JR. Good news is that I shot back down with a camera, got a couple of piccies of some of them, and the police response is that if his lip's cut, it's ABH, which means they can arrest.

Why are these little swine allowed to think they can behave like this? My eldest is a boy with special needs who wouldn't hurt a fly - got into the car and didn't even tell me about it until I asked why he was inspecting his lip in the mirror... I tell you, at moments like this, you can take all the pc rubbish about fairness and society and all the rest of it, and hand me the largest, meanest and sharpest tool in the shop - I'll show them some violence, if that's what they want... :roll:

Just glad I kept my temper. I wouldn't mind, but they weren't even scared of me: just hurled foul abuse and fronted up - at about age 12 to 15, I'd guess... I've seen more respect for others in failed societies like the Balkans than in our own blasted streets. Arrgh. Rant ends. Beer can tab popping. Somebody tell me I was right not to punch the little creature into the next century.

I admire your self control, Shady
icon_appl.gif
. There's no doubt about who the real men were in that incident.

Let's hope your son makes a quick, complete recovery and today's events don't upset him for too long. I think I'd be tempted to post photos of the yobs on a local website if something like that happened to my family.

Gill

You were Shady, not least because it isn't worth the risk of them trying to turn the tables on you with the police. Just hope the police and the rest of the rest of the criminal justice system doesn't let you and your son down.

Hi Shady, I second Gill's assessment of your control and hope for a speedy recovery for your son, both in body and his spirit.

All my best for you and yours.

Mike

Thanks for the calming words guys (and gal! :wink: ) I know I shouldn't over react, but the real bummer is that it comes on the night that his younger brother got confirmation that he's made the cut for the county rugby training... So the beer that popped was meant to be part of the celebration that is now on hold... (Good news is that said young rugby player broke up the fight just as his older brother was on the floor and about to be kicked by a fat older knacker...Ah well, guess I just have to regard it as good training for him...)

Update - 'phone call, no need for stitches, so he'll retain his beauty...

gotta love the end product of a society that insists that banning corporal punishment can only be beneficial... ya right..!!!!

Shady... glad to hear your kid's gonna be fine... personally... I wouldn't have had your self restraint... Mk1 can o whoppazz.......served chilled...

Wot Jake said. Hope the yobs get their just desserts (we can but hope), your eldest heals up quick, and congrats to his bro'. :D

Cheers, Alf

makes you wonder if you would even be allowed to post photographs in the street area of the culprits and description of attack, and requesting assistance of their apprehension.

I bet there would be a law against it????????????

I'd have to disagree.

I would have dished out some good old fashion punishment.

the police/justice system will get no-where.... a fine if you are lucky.

been there, done that, the police route does'nt work. (been on the recieving end).

my thoughts

steve

Shady

How do you respond to an incident like this? I think I would go with the majority and say you did absolutely the right thing, and to boot have the prescence of mind to photo them. THE RIGHT THING But..that's fine if you haven't been on the recieving end and had the "injustice of it all" my daughter was attacked at school, assault no question but because it's school it's treated as a lesser event, "just kids" you might say ..they say. I saw on the news today a girl victim knocked UNCONCIOUS by a schoolgirl as part of this "happy slapping" thing. The girl responsible got a warning from the police, she goes to school normally, the other girl goes terrified at a time of her exams, injustice I should say.
I don't know what the answer is, but I am sad to say, if I could get these foul mouthed useless members of society and shall we say make them see they aren't invincible, I wouldn't hesitate to tweak their appreciation of the society that is making their life bearable. Trouble is there's always the misguided silly person in amongst them. I have friends at work (good people)who tell me horror stories of their own kids falling off the straight and narrow, there's always more than one involved isn't there.
Where is my ramble going? well nowhere, what you did was unquestionably right. You supported your younger son in his dealing with the situation, maybe he would have had to deal with you too, or seen the wrong way for him to deal, in the future with your grandchildren! If you had of reacted to the extent of thumping one of these kids, what if he had an anurism waiting to go pop, and died from a shove and fall Could you live with yourself? (in prison) I don't think you would. So rest easy, seethe by all means, think of all the things you would like to have done to them. Time will pass and every day the anger will subside a little.

I don't know if that helps you but it helped me. Hope you all get over it soon good luck.

Cheers Alan

Shady
You did the right thing, a friend of mine ended up in the magistrates court and being bound over to keep the peace for something simular.
I'm afraid that the court system now favors the criminals, the victims are simply an inconvenience

Bean

Shady

You did the right thing although it saddens me to say this. Thirty years ago it would have been different and they would have learned their lesson and you'd have felt a lot better..albeit with a few bruised knuckles.

I have a very close dear friend who is a magistrate. He is close to giving it all up. He is given sentencing guidelines and one evening, OK over a few glasses of wine, we went through hypotethical crimes and what the maximum sentence would be by looking up what the guidelines say. These are 'mandatory' guidelines..not really guidelines. In other words you need a damn good, cast iron reason, to exceed them (if you can). We opened another bottle of wine..it was that depressing.

Latest posts

Back