Ground screws supplier to support 11x7 plastic shed on 2x4 frame?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haighy

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone recommend a supplier of ground screws online or south-east UK?

I am collecting a plastic 11x7 shed, and want to put it on a suspended 2x4 frame with plywood floor. as the ground underneath is slightly sloping soil with some old tree stumps/roots that will be a pain to remove/deal with otherwise. I think shed, frame and contents will be unlikely to ever weigh more than a ton...I was thinking 6 screws would be about the right number to balance cost with support for something that size?

I've seen various suppliers who seem to be re-marketing fence post support screws for this purpose which is probably fine, but which suppliers do you all suggest/recommend?

Thanks!
Haighy

Do you actually need them, they look simple and easy to use but there are many other methods such as slabs either just leveled in the ground or bedded and the method I used was nine concrete plinths but I had a larger heavier shed to support. I just did a quote online if I had used groundscrews it would have cost me £635, I used far less in concrete but maybe more time. I suppose what you are paying for is simplicity and speed.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

I did see the QuickJack Pro, but the load for 9 jacks it claims 9 tonnes.... which is rather steep and expensive for what I want (shed and contents likely to be less than a tonne)

I was thinking of something more like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PWU-Ground...ords=ground+screws&qid=1652885049&sr=8-5&th=1
But maybe I will just live with six slabs under a treated timber frame...

Thanks,
Haighy

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

I did see the QuickJack Pro, but the load for 9 jacks it claims 9 tonnes.... which is rather steep and expensive for what I want (shed and contents likely to be less than a tonne)

I was thinking of something more like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PWU-Ground...ords=ground+screws&qid=1652885049&sr=8-5&th=1
But maybe I will just live with six slabs under a treated timber frame...

Thanks,
Haighy
They are quite expensive....

I'd go for slabs or concrete blocks under the frame.

I considered some ‘cheap’ ground screws for my last plastic shed as I simply didn’t want to have to go to the trouble of digging and pouring founds (even shallow ones).

In the end I came to the conclusion that it was simply a shed and so I removed the turf and loose-placed a levelled, continuous perimeter line of concrete blocks and bolted my base to most of those blocks. It’s worked a treat, we’ve since had some ‘testing‘ high winds and it’s not moved a jot. There’s a fair amount of weight in all the blocks plus the weight of everything in the shed. 👍

Back