Grinding Sheets/PDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKTony

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a set of data Grinding sheets i can print, laminate and hang in the workshop, im loathed to pay Axminster £7.10 for these. My sorby finger nail profiler has arrived today, the dam box must cost a packet no wonder they are so expensive....expect loads of daft questions later when i have trouble using it :roll:

ps sorry im monopolising the Wodturning section.

pss Mike i found your ebay listings today very nice expect some bids :)

Thanks Alf, i will use some of the diagrams and scan some in from books to create an A4 wallchart. I setup the Sorby the Jig for finger profiling and i must say it is fantastic, i have never used anything as easy and my tools are razor sharp

thanks for that alf i have b/marked it for later ,i would give you a flower but cant find any in the emotcons .

Im using the Perform Grinder with the wide white wheel, seems to work well for under £40.00. I brought the Peter Child Stand and fixed a wooden block to the Sorby, looked a lot easier to switch between modes than the Universal system have just finished making some wooden angle jigs, sharpened all my tools and was well impressed with them, the only one im struggling with is the round nose scraper but will have another go tomorrow

CCBGDL_l.jpg

I found http://www.tridsd.com/sdwt/Grind04.pdf

I don't know how it matches what I use as I haven't been turning for that long so don't know my angles yet.
My tool's (Perform set from Axminster) angles are more or less how they came when I bought them except for the bowl gouge on which I've ground back the wings and made the front less steep.

Duncan

Good find, Duncan. Not sure how they match my tools either; I just offer up the bevel or use a simple setting jig for the Sorby gouge jig.
blush2.gif

Cheers, Alf