Greetings from the Pacific

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumster

Reaction score
Mostly Green-wood worker but have set up a workshop for some more refined work and winter use... age certainly curtails ones tolerance for outdoor woodworking activities in the depths of winter.
Obligatory workshop pictures attached. :)

Attachments

• _IGP2496.JPG
    _IGP2496.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 0
  • _IGP2497.JPG
    _IGP2497.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum.
When I clicked on your location under your name, it goes to a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton 😁 Are you in New Zealand or a smaller Island?
Your workshop looks very well organised. I'm very interested in that cast iron blue saw you have, bottom right corner of the picture. It looks very similar to one I picked up a while ago. Does the top tilt? does it have a number stamped on the top surface?

hi and thanks for your comments.
The saw is supplied by Alanda Engineering and was a product of the local Masport Dyco Works (whose main claim to fame is lawnmowers, though I do have their matching bandsaw from the same era)
It is a combination table-saw buzzer and borer and is a very solid unit. I can take some more pictures if your interested.
These links are for a later and earlier one respectively ... (the table does not tilt.. though the ripping fence does.

https://www.neighbourly.co.nz/public/rangiora/rangiora/message/66546576

The saw is supplied by Alanda Engineering and was a product of the local Masport Dyco Works (whose main claim to fame is lawnmowers, though I do have their matching bandsaw from the same era)
That is an excellent combination unit. Now that I see it in full, the top looks similar, but not the other parts. The saw I have is about the same size, possibly 60 years old. I'll take a picture tomorrow, just for comparison.

Welcome to the forum.
...When I clicked on your location under your name, it goes to a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton...
Well, wood IS a vegetable.
...that’s some distance between my neck of the woods ( midlands)...
We used to have a "Midlands" here - well a Midland Railway - which now carries the (possibly famous) TranzAlpine train (the only long distance train still running in New Zealand :().

My older brother used to joke about Waikikamukau (pronounced "why-kick-a-moo-cow"). Is it a real place? I know there's a Waikuku down that way.

Cheers, Vann.

Welcome to the forum.

Well, wood IS a vegetable.

We used to have a "Midlands" here - well a Midland Railway - which now carries the (possibly famous) TranzAlpine train (the only long distance train still running in New Zealand :().

My older brother used to joke about Waikikamukau (pronounced "why-kick-a-moo-cow"). Is it a real place? I know there's a Waikuku down that way.

Cheers, Vann.
'Midlands' anywhere has always intrigued me.... Are there 'Uplands' 'Downlands' ?? 'Goodlands' 'Badlands' ?? What is this 'Mid-" ??

Hiya Vann from Petone ! Not too far away here at Haywards..;-)

Back