Green Flag anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering the above for breakdown & recovery....would any members recommend?

Thanks for your time and advise!

Gerry

Been with them for many years but have never had to use their services. I understand they subcontract to local garages so there is a chance the service could be patchy but they are (or were) the only company that would guarantee to recover your vehicle and whatever you may be towing without having to do changes of truck en route

Yep, been with them years, called out once no problem. It was a local garage.

I understand they subcontract to local garages so there is a chance the service could be patchy
The RAC also contract out, plus the recovery firms all seem to play pass the parcel in order to keep mileage down to avoid tachos, when we got recovered each firm did about sixty five miles.

Been with Green Flag for a few years, but never had to use them. Currently with RAC, only because I can use my Tesco Vouchers to buy cover. Just as with house/car insurance you never know how good they are until you need them. Be careful when buying recovery, as some will only tow you to a local garage or a certain mileage.

Had to use Green Flag twice in a week....different issues. Both times they came sooner than expected. Service was excellent

We needed Green flag a good few years ago when the head gasket went leaving Largs, for home, they towed us to a garage in Glasgow for a quick look then put the car on the back of a wagon and took us 200 miles home with just a tea break on the motorway. I guess it all depends on the garage that comes out.

The alternative to "pass the parcel" is the white-knuckle ride I once had with a recovery driver whose eyelids and head kept drooping while he was driving along the motorway with me, family, and car on board.

Give me pass-the-parcel and fresh drivers, please.

I'm with GEM

Can't comment on what they are like as I've not broken down since I signed up.

I'm going to recommend Green Flag. I've had various break downs over the years and have been with both the AA and RAC previously. Both were completely competent and got me home. But the big issue was always the time it took to reach me.
A bit like the current ambulance problems, if the local unit is very busy with other breakdowns, then you can wait many hours for a rescue.
With Green Flag however, they have a network of contracted local garages who they call on to answer any breakdowns in their area. The result is that you receive a much more rapid response.
My last two issues were - flat tyre. Rescue arrived in 15min.
2nd issue - central locking, locked out of car with key in ignition! Rescue again in 15min.

I have green flag as a benefit of my bank account, used them a few times. Always pretty good.
A quick note that as its only a perk of the account I am limited to one callout for the same issue in a month or something to that effect.
It seems they sort of sub contract out the work to local firms, I have had green flag vans twice and Westbourne motors a few times. Works fine though.

Ollie

The huge problem with Green Flag is that it's part of Direct Line, who would have to literally be the only motor insurance company in existence for me to be prepared to give the nasty, back-stabbing, traitorous <a whole-thesaurus-worth-of-expletives-deleted>s a penny of my money.

The huge problem with Green Flag is that it's part of Direct Line, who would have to literally be the only motor insurance company in existence for me to be prepared to give the nasty, back-stabbing, traitorous <a whole-thesaurus-worth-of-expletives-deleted>s a penny of my money.

You Shouldn't bottle things up fella just come out and say it. :LOL::LOL:

Which mag recommend Surestart which is also cheaper than Green Flag. Used them once, no complaints.

Back