Great video for a newbie - NOT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That made me cringe so many times, what happens if the chuck on the drill releases the threaded bar which can happen easily

I particularly like how nothing is square and the table appears to be resting (bouncing) on the drill/saw axle. I guess this is designed to dynamically counter kickback.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.

Well that's my secret santa idea out the window, back to the drawing board for me :D

Stalin had a great quote for times like this: "Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that right".

If you think that's scary, you should see the stand I use for my chainsaw, to cut firewood! I may even post a pic or two in a few weeks, when I get it back into action for this year's wood. Instead of holding the chainsaw, I hold the wood to be cut. Much more fun.

That really is a top genius idea! Those Indian woodworkers have us out-classed at every corner!

Anyone ever seen this video? Particularly 6:50 onwards.
[youtube]hb3JdPx50Y4[/youtube]

At least these fellas in Vietnam (I think) made a serviceable panel saw, even if they got arc-eye in the process :lol:
[youtube]4WFr6Y6d6Kw[/youtube]

Why, oh why, do these individuals keep confounding Natural Selection?

More seriously, these videos exemplify the need for some kind of informed censorship ( there, I wrote it) of the more dangerous practices portrayed on youtube - by tubes- in the dubious name of "infotainment"....Jebus H. Kriste...

Sam

Lonsdale73":119pm626 said:
Lesson #1: Keep all offcuts, one never knows when they might be needed for a makeshift table-saw!
And keep old t-shirts in case you need a makeshift tourniquet!

I don’t own a table saw but if I needed one in a hurry I’d pop out to screwfix and get the cheapo £100 rather than faff about with that! Am I right in thinking that cross cutting with a fence is a bad idea too?

I'm not sure that Screwfix has any branches in Asia Steve, maybe that's why :wink:

I posted the link because I was horrified, I dread to think anyone would copy it but in reality I bet that's happened.
You can see why they want to speed up their work as they earn bu**er all and some of the ideas are "interesting" but absolutely no regard for human safety.

Lons":ihpw91qk said:
Not a crown guard, pushsticks or GR Ripper in sight. :roll: The worst side of youtube! I dread to think there are probably people out there copying this.

Might want to skip to somewhere near the end to see the result of this "top amazing idea"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXXw63vC1Is

But, But, But he does try and tell you (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

WARNING!!!
Our videos are provided only for entertainment and watching purposes only. So do not try to repeat everything you see in our videos. Entertain yourself but always be safe and take care of your health. Everything you do is at YOUR OWN RISK.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't watch right to the end, all your various comments, PLUS the "easy non-centring" of the saw blade on the (too small) "arbor" (without a correct dia centering sleeve or a proper bush) was enough for me.

But I'm sure it would be fine with a couple of push sticks!!!! :D

(P.S. You may be relieved to know that I don't any any type of table saw). :eek:

Back