Grab Adhesives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I'm curious to hear which grab adhesives you use and recommend. I'm coming to the skirting board and architrave stage in my house renovation, so will need copious amounts of the stuff quite soon.

Stixall is my go-to adhesive for most jobs, but I'm wondering whether there's something better available?

Mark

Mark A":gxxxwnt4 said:
Hi chaps,

I'm curious to hear which grab adhesives you use and recommend. I'm coming to the skirting board and architrave stage in my house renovation, so will need copious amounts of the stuff quite soon.

Stixall is my go-to adhesive for most jobs, but I'm wondering whether there's something better available?

Mark
Stixall all day long ! The clear version is the best.The white and black are ever so slightly stiffer- harder to get out the tube.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've used Pinkgrip with great success, but it stinks your house out for ages.

Soudal fixall works for me. I've used it for fixing wet wall in bathrooms and it grabs quickly and sets solid. No way is it letting go without taking a chunk of the wall behind with it.
Available in Screwfix, other retail outlets are available.

Trex from ironmongery direct is decent. I go through tons of the stuff and it's only £1 odd a tube

I have tried a lot of them, the best I have used has been the pinkgrip at around $2 a tube, I have tried the stixall as well but it wasn't really any better=more or less the same but only at least 2x more expensive.

same price green gripfill has been terrible as is just one of the worst there is, specially the terrible packaging of it and the smell of it.
Avoid the cheapo $1 everbuild -that stuff has got as much holding power as tack and is just useless.

I pay about £5.50 a tube for stixall but have complete confidence when I use it-Nothing else in a similar price range gave me that.
Heres a couple of silly projects I've just done with it.
ffd6d9459bb7a32b3d5013183864febf.jpg

Pebbles stuck to a rubber mat- I reckon I'll break my ankle on that one day :lol:
933b17b80e74a5ebf8562053317fc529.jpg

Sticking marbles to the top of pointy bits. Pre stixall, I wouldn't have even tried.

As mad as it sounds, stixall has been a game changer for me. It use to be ct1 but the £10+ a tube made it a 'only use when really necessary' glue.
I just hope they never change it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back