Goulden Hardwoods brilliant

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodaxed

Established Member
Reaction score
went to Goulden Hardwoods friday was picked up from the bottom of the lane there as its been very wet
was greated with a huge mug of tea and then shown around the timber stacks spent a while there chatting and looking at the timber came back with some spalted beech, lacewood, tulip wood, olive ash and a small piece of holly all
for a very good price, was taken back to my car and loaded up all in all a good day well worth a visit if youve not been there many thanks to Paul.

http://www.woodbypost.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

Looks like a great place - shame it's so far away from here :(

I love to see people running small businesses like this, doing the thing they love and offering a great service.

woodaxed":1ks1p58t said:
went to Goulden Hardwoods friday was picked up from the bottom of the lane there as its been very wet
was greated with a huge mug of tea and then shown around the timber stacks spent a while there chatting and looking at the timber came back with some spalted beech, lacewood, tulip wood, olive ash and a small piece of holly all
for a very good price, was taken back to my car and loaded up all in all a good day well worth a visit if youve not been there many thanks to Paul.

http://www.woodbypost.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks woody. A long drive for me, but to one of my favourite counties, so.. What the heck! I might just have found the timber for my dining room suite!

Thanks again. :D

i may have to take a trip down that way some time just had a look at his website and read some of the news letters the man has a good sense of humour( funny guy) seems to know his stuff to, the last time i bought some hard wood and i asked some questions they looked puzzled quarter sawn whats that then and this was the guy that owned the place think he was more intrested in takeing the £800 out of me pocket, thanks for the post woodaxed

I get most of my stuff from Paul.
It's only a part time operation so best to arrange a visit before turning up.
Very nice to deal with. Paul's a policeman in real life.

Rod

And me. Small world isn't it. The site looks great by the way.

Not fully operational any more I'm afraid Mick. Getting by strictly on happy memories.
Mind how you go out there. :)

Keep the faith.

Back