Gotta love village life...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NazNomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a large wildlife pond in my lower field.

This year, the local junior school have been pond-dipping and finding all sorts of plants and critters, and I believe they have thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

My beliefs were confirmed when we came home from shopping on Friday and found these on the doorstep.

Lovely message in the card too and all the kids had signed it... I was welling up.

100_9206.jpg

I had mowed a nice wiggly path up the field for them and made a sign from English Oak (the teacher said not to worry that it was English, nobody would notice) :-D

pond1c.jpg

pond_sign_b.jpg

Aww that's really nice, the kids' visit could be a regular feature during spring / summer to watch the full cycle.

gregmcateer":3es3963b said:
Excellent effort, sir.

And well done for using English Oak - We ain't all bad!
Well I've never seen Welsh oak! I'm sure it exists of course.

Realy nice thing to do for the kids Naz most of them will remember that for a very long time.

I completely agree, NazI think that village life is free from the hustle and bustle of a city life. Life in a village is peaceful, calm and quite. The natural beauty and the greenery are a feast for the eyes...

phil.p":3tq5tvgo said:
Naz ... just out of curiosity, why was your frog leaving the pond? :D

30 odd kids plus teachers all with fishing nets and jam jars, where would you be going?

Well done Naz.

phil.p":3uja6xug said:
Naz ... just out of curiosity, why was your frog leaving the pond? :D

I didn't flip the pattern and the fuzzies were on the back :-D

Latest posts

Back