Got something finiished!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
After a long time with no turning, followed by a few days of diaster.
Finally a couple of lumps survived!

A 'Chi keeper'
newturns005.jpg

And a piece I had to start outboard (first time) because of the size. but ended up just in range to turn back!
newturns018.jpg

The glass rim is above the wood because there is a light bellow which lights it up and gives a nice effect. the plan is to add water to the bowl and floating candles, or a plant.
]
newturns020.jpg

and finally a piece I know you have all made at some time or other.

A Pterodactyl house.

newturns016.jpg

hi MS
all great in my book, love the chi keeper, and love the little glass bowl holder, not sure what you mean by started 'outboard'
prehistoric house is cute and i am sure will be loved by some child.
thanks for sharing..

WOW ! Mrs S .... 'fantastically different' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Pterodactyl house" .... that HAS to catch on !!

( The 'Chi Keeper' did ! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Brilliantly adventurous.... love them all..
Bet that 'light/water/floating candles' thing works well.... can you maybe pop up a couple of pics of it 'working' ?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The 'house' was really a an experiment in segmenting some bits of old wood before I tried with decent wood. but a bit blew out and I thought it might make good shelter for Rudie. :lol:

stevebuk":gu6i5vsq said:
hi MS
, not sure what you mean by started 'outboard'

Outboard is when the piece is too big and won't fit on because of the lathe bed so you have to turn the head round.

Good stuff MrsS

Steve, outboard is with working on the back of the headstock or on a swivel head tailstock. i.e not over the bed ways.

mrs. sliver":1ti5ndmp said:

Looks comfy in there ! - But i dont think it will be long before some "tit" kicks him out and moves in !!

All great as usual Mrs S. but I particularly like the house.
You will have to make the pics bigger, I would have liked to have seen the finish on that in closeup.
Chi, I assume that's another name for Indian Tea?

John. B

You certainly have your own interpretation of Avant-garde Mrs. S. Certainly not so much as 'stuck in a rut' but creating them for others to follow.

Rudie's house looks very homely.

Must agree with Chas, you certainly think outside the normal tracks. All interesting and well executed by the look of it.

Pete

The chi in this case refers to the natural energy of the Universe.
'Chi keepers' is just a name I made up for the collection of little final boxes I make and suggest their use in meditation.

The finish on Rudies house is not 100%. as it was just going to be thrown away because it was just sacrificial wood used to make a mock up my next project to make sure I had got it right.
But I will put larger photos on. I am never sure what size is best on here. :oops:
EDIT
I have just been on photobucket and this is as big as I can see how to make them. I am missing something here?

newturns016.jpg

You need to edit the supplied code to this Mrs.S.

Code:
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/tonic1957/newturns016.jpg

I seem to have managed to make them a bit bigger now, not sure how. but there you go!

Rudie (the peterodactyl) is having a house warming party on Saturday night :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe I should post photos of that on here? :roll: :lol: :lol:

mrs. sliver":1ruq87tz said:
Rudie (the peterodactyl) is having a house warming party on Saturday night :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe I should post photos of that on here? :roll: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Pete

mrs. sliver":1qu8nvkr said:
...Rudie (the peterodactyl) is having a house warming party on Saturday night ....

Is he inviting an Old Flame around :?:

Back