GOT and other TV series

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Barto":1iw4owxf said:
Two things that stood out to me about this episode:

- the opening half hour, and the fact that it was mostly silent (or very quiet), is one of the most beautiful pieces of television I've ever seen.

- the episode was SO good that it has made up for (most) of the annoyances I have faced as a GoT fan.

:D :D :D :D

Yep, ditto.

I personally find it hard to remember all the ins and outs of the various sagas and machinations of the last 7 series and to fully enjoy it and to understand it much better I use the various fan sites to help (especially to remember names and characters).
This site is good and there's a quick recap of the past seasons. Ok, the guy doing it sounds a bit cheesy but well worth flicking through if not watching the whole thing. I intend to re-watch the whole series once S8 finishes and no doubt there'll be a lot of little things I missed/misunderstood:

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Season_8

Loved Arya dropping the Night King. Coming out of nowhere and the split second of "oh no, he's got her" quickly followed with the knife drop and jibbing move once again pulled it off... just.
And the folk tucked away "safe" in the crypt was likely not an obvious twist to some, but the ancestors coming back to life caught me out.
The silent intro and subsequent snuffing out of the Dothraki set the "they're pineappled" mood beautifully.
Shame the wolf-sized spiders mentioned in the first (?) season never made an appearance. Roll on Monday!

Nelsun":14ew5cfo said:
Loved Arya dropping the Night King. Coming out of nowhere and the split second of "oh no, he's got her" quickly followed with the knife drop and jibbing move once again pulled it off... just.
And the folk tucked away "safe" in the crypt was likely not an obvious twist to some, but the ancestors coming back to life caught me out.
The silent intro and subsequent snuffing out of the Dothraki set the "they're pineappled" mood beautifully.
Shame the wolf-sized spiders mentioned in the first (?) season never made an appearance. Roll on Monday!

That's right, the big spiders. Ice spiders I think they were called, did Sam T mention them?

Nelsun":2z7a7rlf said:

It was so good. It was in many ways perfect Game of Thrones - expecting her to be killed by the night king as so many other characters have mercilessly been killed off throughout the show, to flipping it on its head and suddenly it's all over.

I do like the idea that Bran foresaw what Arya was about to do...

A sad and revealing Ep 4.

No not too...
The mad pirate and Satan's pregnant daughter.

Ser Davos Seaworth's Geordie accent having a few problems being dubbed for the Spanish version.....

“Sicansíos!” he exclaimed, in his best dubbed Spanish. Sharper viewers soon realised that something had been lost in hurried translation and that sicansíos was in fact a garbled rendering of the knight’s original, Geordie-accented line: “She can’t see us!”

Droogs":gbn3yphf said:
not bad for an Irishman :p

Indeed. He was nearly a Dr Who at one stage, might've been a film rather than the BBC series.
50% or something of the overall cast is from the island.

Edit- Film version of Dr. Who.

Lord Verys got into a heated discussion, Daenerys went a bit over the top and Ser Gregor is a determined bloke. Other than that not much happened..................

Thinking to rip out the fireplace and install a dragon in its place. That thing burns all night long :lol:

Nelsun":3k5sjr3t said:
Thinking to rip out the fireplace and install a dragon in its place. That thing burns all night long :lol:

Where would you keep the pile of sheep carcasses ? : )

Noel":3vv6b4ge said:
Nelsun":3vv6b4ge said:

Where would you keep the pile of sheep carcasses ? : )
Over the neighbour's wall. They're not going to complain now, are they? OK, they may complain *once*...

Despite watching all 72 episodes (with just one more to go) over 8 years I'm off to freeze me bits off on the wall. No cheating now.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... rones-quiz

Vs4e8Ar.jpg

43... And a lot of those were guesses (including the one about riding a dragon making something hurt :lol: ).

Anyone getting 80/80 on that would really need to have a word with themselves (homer). Roll on Monday!

73/80 :shock:

I found it pretty easy but I did only start the show when season 5 ended so it fairly fresh in the mind.

Back