Got a result from PayPal over City Link

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

you hear a lot of complaints about PayPal, but I just got a good outcome after making a claim so I thought I should share the information.

Just before Christmas I arranged to have a propeller collected by City Link from a vendor in the South-East and delivered to me. I booked the package online and the web portal took my payment via PayPal.

I guess most people are aware that City Link went bust on Christmas Eve, so I considered myself highly fortunate that I had arranged for pickup just after Christmas and the prop was still safe with the vendor. I decided that the £40 carriage and insurance that I'd lost was a small thing in comparison to having the prop lying around in some distant warehouse. However, when by coincidence I looked at my PayPal statement for something else, I saw that the payment had not gone to City Link but instead went to ParcelToGo who presumably handled City Link's web portal as part of their price comparison site, even though I hadn't accessed it via parcel2go.com.

Having seen that, and knowing that Parcel2Go are still alive and well, I put in a claim against them via PayPal for non-delivery and I got a refund. Frankly, I was surprised at the outcome as I thought PayPal only covered loss or non-supply of goods and not services. Perhaps it was just that Parcel2Go held their hands up when I made the claim as I doubt they'd have paid City Link that quickly, either way, I'm not going to complain!

regards,

Colin

Back