Gorilla arms

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I managed to get in to the worksop last night to plane a table top flat after glue up weeks ago :(

Started with #7, then #4.5 and finally cabinet scraper.

I must say that all the people who put the #7 down as their most used plane deserve serious repect and must have goriila arms :p

Agree with you there Tony!
Spent two days preparing timber for my latest cabinet-my wrists and elbows are killing me :?
cheers
Philly :ho2

Better to have arms like a gorilla than a face like one I suppose..... :?

Sorry - it is Christmas and I'm in a strange mood - demob happy at the thought of nearly two whole weeks to play in my workshop! :ho2 :deer

I'd love to anyone out there with a surplus No 8 ( yes Alf I know you have 7) :wink:

I have to admit to using a tailed devil and simply finishing off with hand tools.

Bean

Bean":14rpa15i said:
I'd love to anyone out there with a surplus No 8 ( yes Alf I know you have 7) :wink:
Not one here; I'm just a weedy girlie, remember?
innocent.gif
A #5 1/2 is enough for me on panels, and usually more than adequate for the job too. Although I'm increasingly aware how much an influence watching DC's second DVD has had on me*, which may have something to do with my opinion at the moment (I've asked for digital calipers for Crimbo for heaven's sakes!). If I start growing a beard I'll sue...
laugh.gif

Cheers, Alf

*Well I did have to watch it three times; talk about brain-washing...
blink.gif

(I've asked for digital calipers for Crimbo for heaven's sakes!).

Good Lord!...what next - a self-centering, bifurcated indigilator! :shock: Ha,ha haah..humm,err...errr'm.. I'll.. just get my coat then... :roll:

(Edit, "Normal service will be resumed etc, etc)

Back