GooglePlus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone here is a member of GooglePlus and would like to participate in some video Hangouts let me know and I will send an invitation. I have been experimenting with link ups before Christmas to iron out connection issues. I have high quality video output sorted and will sometime in the next few weeks begin to do live work in progress sessions on a regular basis, otherwise known as demos of tools, equipment and techniques that I am either using or experimenting with! Free tutition!

To participate in viewing in Hangouts you need a webcam. To participate in discussions or questions and answer sessions you will need a microphone and speakers or headphones with microphone attached to be able to hear and be heard clearly. If you are used to Skype or similar you will understand the requirements.

Here is a link to my GooglePlus Profile - a request to join the Woodturning Circle can be made from there or if you wish I can send a invite via Private Message from here, just send me an e-mail address.

https://plus.google.com/104644821247161357314#104644821247161357314/posts

Phil

Yep Nev.

Not too much lathe as there are many more skilled exponents in the craft of turning than I, on the Forum, who can help with practical problems and advice. I can show how collecting tools doesn't improve your turning!

I am more happy to do/show off-lathe stuff such as texturing, carving, pyrography, colour and where ideas can come from etc. That cuts down the appeal I guess!

As for annoying questions - they don't exist. Most learning involves questions but I may offer some annoying answers.

Phil

I have a iMac with a built in webcam , never used it so am unsure if it has a built in microphone ?

If I can get it to work and dependent on the time and date of you web meet up I may be up for it

Back