Google SatNav

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a HTC Desire HD. Fantastic phone and came with the google Satnav which was also really good (Google Navigator). However it will no longer connect to the GPS Satnav satellites?

The GPS thing in the phone seems to work as it tracks me perfectly while just using a google map but it just will not connect to the satelite that gives the turn by turn directions.

Anyone have any idea what the issue is?? All it says is searching for GPS...

Try updating the Navigation app if you haven't for awhile, they've updated it loads recently and its great, doesn't drop out all the time like it used too. You also need a good data connection for the turn by turn to work.

I had all the latest updates for it. It was working great for quite sometime and then about a month or so ago it just wouldn't connect at all. I have just restored the phone back to factory settings and still no joy. Been google over the past month and tried everything. I know the GPS is working as I have just installed an app and it found 5 satellite within seconds??

You don't pay for anything google! Thats an apple trait!

Did you get an update recently, I read that the HTC Desire HD was expecting an update early Feb?

I'd just be patient your probably one of many with the problem and it'll get fixed soon. Its gotta be software hasn't it.

I've got a HTC Wildfire with Google Navigate but found it temperamental, especially at roundabouts where it would change it's mind just as you are exiting. I then tried a free program for my phone called Waze (download from the app market), which is good when it wants to work but occasionally it crashes and refuses to connect to the server. The main problem with my phone is that it won't charge in the van so after about 90 minutes the battery is dead and I'm stuck with no phone or satnav. It wouldn't matter too much anywhere else but after getting completely lost in Milton Keynes I gave up with the phone and bought a Tomtom!

Its had update after update after update since it started. Its not a free trial its free with the phone.

I have deleted every file from SD Card and restored it back to factory and still the same problem. I have tried everything on the net I can find. Its been happening to long for it to be an update or known issue. I installed another Satnav app as advised and tried that which It did find 7 satellites while out but didn't give any direction and didn't even track like it does still on the google maps. I have taken the phone apart and cleaned it all and checked all the connections and still nothing.

I am going to try one last thing and thats install a 3rd party rom (operating system) and if that don't help its on ebay and ill order a new one / or by a dedicated satnav which I don't want to do as the Google one is fantastic.

Back