Google and charging

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I right in saying that if you click on one of the links down the rh side of a Google search page that the company gets charged by Google?

If so, does anyone know of a program I can use that constantly clicks on such a link?

I am getting plagues by a wretched company called XLN Telecom....who could care diddly squat about the TPS. So I'd like to bankrupt them.

unfortunately google have checks built into their system to prevent this. I use ad blocker on firefox to get rid of the lot. :)

It's almost certainly ineffective but the Information Commissioner's Office now has a place where you can report such breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. In theory, if enough people object, something might be done, one day. And there's a tiny bit of satisfaction in telling people you are reporting them.

See http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/privacy_and_electronic_communications.aspx for general info or just go here: https://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=133759552332 to report them on-line.

Roger

I had them problem with them.

In the end after losing my temper swearing at them etc, I tried something different.

I told the Indian bloke on the other end that the number in their system was a branch number and they need to call my head office to discuss anything to do with telecoms.

I gave them the number, its 0207 793 5530 and asked them to update their data base.

I have not heard from them since, but I bet XLN telecoms general enquires team are having fun though.

This is now what I do eg give them their own UK number and see what happens.

Tom

tomatwark":xzlu8thq said:
Roger

I had them problem with them.

In the end after losing my temper swearing at them etc, .....

Well, after doing the same and promising to drive down to their office, barge into the MD's office and insert his telephone where the sun never shines, they seem to have got the message. Time will tell.

Back