Good Woodworking Table Saw Group Test???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michel

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a copy of the Good Woodworking table saw group test from a couple of months ago. I'm told they tested the e/b pk200 and Scheppach etc.

Looking to buy a table saw so any info would be appreciated

Thank you

:lol: Michel

Hi Michel

The reviews are in the June 2003 issue number 135 and back issues are available from Good Woodworking Back Issues, Future Publishing, FREEPOST, Somerton, Somerset TA11 6BR The cost is 3.45.

The TS2000, E/B PK2000 and Kity 419 are reviewed. The reviews themselves are quite detailed and to make a decision the whole review needs to be read.

The Scheppach was the recommended saw, but the Kity was rated the best value.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Neil

Okay Neil,

thanks for the info, i will order it

thanks again

Michel

Hi Michel,

If you get a problem ordering back issues from Somerton, (they only stock the last six months, and once they are gone, that's it) we keep a limited amount in the office which we can send out.
We keep copies right back to issue 1, but a lot of these are only single issues, so if there are specific articles any reader is after we can photocopy them and send them out.
Photocopies are £2.50 each inc P&P.
Of course being a hi-tech company as we are, we can't take credit card details in the office, so it's a good old cheque or postal order if you need to go down this route.
Ideally, give us a call on 01225 442244 to see if we have any issues in question or if we can only offer photocopies and then send a cheque/postal order made out to Andy King....
Ooops, sorry! that should be Good Woodworking magazine :D
and mark it for the attention of Jan Evans and she will get the issue or photocopy out to you ASAP.

cheers
Andy

Worth getting the review - I made my decision using it. But it's a tough one and it's worth seeing the saws. Also to be fair the Scheppach is actually a fair bit more expensive than the other two.

But if you have the money but not the space the TS2000 is an excellent saw. I have been very pleased with it. I got it with all the extras, but you can get the basic saw for under £600 (with the base chucked in). You could make your own extension tables if you're on a budget. It was a close shave but what did it for me was the accuracy of the fence and the crosscut stop. Can be set to 0.1mm. I was keen on the Kity - it's a good price and Andy liked that one too in his review. But I have a narrow workshop so the ability to drop the crosscut table off and put it to one side is a real bonus. And when you re-attach it - the accuracy is still there. And the extension tables too - they just drop down - no realignment necessary.

The only niggle I have with it is the tables being made of extruded alumunium. If they were steel like the p/t (not cast iron - that'd be too heavy for my workshop) that would be better.

I also think the support NMA (the Scheppach importers) offer is second to none. They have been very helpful setting up both my p/t and t/s. When I phoned Kity I got the run around and the technical chap I spoke to didn't do the company any favours.

But it's a tough choice and the review is GW gives you a very good, detailed and fair discussion on the three saws. Unfortunately they don't make decision for you :D.

If you want any more info on the TS2000 give me a shout. And look at Charley's review too.

Cheers

Gidon

Cheers Guys,

Very helpful. :D

I have contacted Future Publishing and they are going to get back to be about the back issue, which sounds like a good read.

TS2000 will stretch the budget quite far but might be worth it long term.

I will try and find the review on the site Charley's done on the TS2000.

Where's the best place to get a price on the TS2000?? :D

I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks again :D

Michel :

Back