Good Woodworking Subscription

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to subscribe to 'Good Woodworking' online? I can't find the appropriate page :( ?

Gill

Hi, Gill,

You should be able to at:
www.goodwoodworking.com

Or by 'phone: 0870 837 4722.

Current sub. is £7 every three months by Direct Debit for 13 issues (saving £13.60 over newsagent price), or £28.99 by cheque/credit card (saving £12.61).

Cheers,

Trev.

Yup, I've tried that link, Trev, but I still don't see how to subscribe online. In the past, I'd simply go into WH Smith's to pick up a copy of the magazine and that'd be it. Now, WH Smith's no longer stock the magazine :(.

Gill

Gill,
You could try an older copy they generally have a subscription page inside somewhere with direct debit mandate or a number for card details

Ian

Hi Gill,

Apologies for your problems in getting hold of online subs info for the mag, our website is still in its infancy, so needs tweaking!
You can order directly from our subs department using the number from Trev the Turner (0870 837 4722) or on 0870 444 8472, both go through to Future Publishing, so you should be able to sort something out.
Our latest issue (GW159) has a free binder as a subs offer and costs £7.00 per quarter by direct debit, or £28.99 by cheque, for 13 issues.
If you don't fancy a binder, our next issue, GW160, on sale March 16th has a free Faithfull toolbag.
This doesn't mean it will follow you everywhere or sit when you tell it, it's one of those Gladstone type bags with the multi storage pockets! :D
This offer is at the same rates as previously.

Hope this info helps!

cheers,

Andy

Andy,

Do the offers apply to lapsed renewals?

I know it sounds a bit cheeky but my son asked about what to get me as a Christmas present just as the renewal form arrived. :) Here you go I say, thinking thats another year sorted. :D Well it would have been if he had written the cheque and posted it. :roll: I have had to buy 159 in WHS and post the renewal myself to restart with 160. :!:

Kids :x

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if a lapsed renewal counts as a new one, but missing one issue it may do, but it depends on the actual form I would think.
I would give the subs dept. a call and check.

Andy

Hi Andy

Many thanks for your help. I'll certainly be taking out a subscription - it's just that it would have been so helpful to have been able to do this online.

BTW, I take it that the charge is £7 per quarter, not £7 per month; unless that's just a special rate for people who ask damn fool questions on the internet.

:wink: :lol:

Gill

Oops! :oops:
Yep, it's £7.00 every three months, unless of course I can claim the monthly bit as a commission! :D

Hopefully the online bit will be ammended in the near future!
cheers,
Andy

Just subscribed - the cost we were quoted was £6.62 per quarter, so the magazine is now even better value than I thought it was :).

Gill

I must say I was particularly keen to start the subscription pronto because of the lure of the Gladstone bag. I wonder if it's similar to a Gucci bag? They both start with the letter 'G'.

Gill (Who isn't blonde. Honestly. Anyway, a blonde would know these sorts of things.)

Well I must admit to thinking about the Faithfull toolbag, if it was like the luggage the problem of mislaid tools would be a thing of the past. :roll: :wink:

But then Andy spoiled it. :twisted:

Curiously (or not) I've just subscribed as well, but would be interested to learn how long it typically takes for the first issue of the subscription to show itself. I have #159; is the subs dept quick enough to send me #160 next or will I have to hunt this down (echoing Gill's comments about WH Smith...)

RP

Latest posts

Back