Good Woodworking - Is there an index of projects online?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for some inspiration for a side table and I'm getting tired of working through GWW magazine. I wondered whether anyone knew of an index to GWW projects online? I've been onto the getwoodworking site, but I can't find an index there.

Hey, ho.

Thanks,
Neil

There used to be an index to Good Woodworking, because I started it, and then reinstated it again about five years ago. There is an index to British Woodworking! Email me for a copy.

Cheers

Nick

I can't find mine at the moment. For a few years Bruce Manning did an index of Good Woodworking, from about issue 163 I think. I'm sure I've got an index somewhere.

Nick

The last time the index was done it was done by Bruce up until issue 177.
I have a copy of that, but it is in the 'Filemaker' program format, so unless you that or a program that can open it, it will be of little use.
We are trying to get an up to date version for the website, but its an immense task updating and filing the magazine so that everything cross references correctly - Phil Davy used to do it before Bruce came in, and alongside his normal work, was days and days of extra work just updating every three months or so.
Budgets and schedules being what they are, we are a pretty lean machine now compared to where we were a few years back, and finding time or budget for someone to do it is the main issue at the current time.
I think we had a more up to date version being done a while back, but i'm not sure where that is in the scheme of things at the moment, i'll try and find out.

cheers,
Andy

andy king":2qve3y5x said:
.....but it is in the 'Filemaker' program format, so unless you that or a program that can open it, it will be of little use......

Send it to me and I'll see if I can open it.

Hi Neil,
I use the Argos, and Ikea catalogues, etc. for design ideas. There's usually some gold among the crud.
Surfing the big department stores throws up some nice ideas too.
Just a thought.

John :)

Newbie_Neil":3hx68q0t said:
Hi all,

I'm looking for some inspiration for a side table and I'm getting tired of working through GWW magazine. I wondered whether anyone knew of an index to GWW projects online? I've been onto the getwoodworking site, but I can't find an index there.

Hey, ho.

Thanks,
Neil

Depending on your stylistic preferences, you might find inspiration here.

http://www.danish-homestore.com/

BugBear

angelboy":m1qfq5tf said:
andy king":m1qfq5tf said:
.....but it is in the 'Filemaker' program format, so unless you that or a program that can open it, it will be of little use......

Some online research leads me to believe that filemaker can export many formats, but that no other program can read a "true" filemaker file.

BugBear

bugbear":2o2vr564 said:
Newbie_Neil":2o2vr564 said:
Hi all,
Hey, ho.
Thanks,
Neil
Depending on your stylistic preferences, you might find inspiration here.
http://www.danish-homestore.com/
BugBear

And here
http://www.adirondackwoodshed.com/furni ... wroom1.htm

Hi, BB

I try my best not to buy furniture ,its more fun making it :wink:

Pete

bugbear":282p1wc0 said:
angelboy":282p1wc0 said:
andy king":282p1wc0 said:

Some online research leads me to believe that filemaker can export many formats, but that no other program can read a "true" filemaker file.

BugBear

I see Filemaker do a free download trial, I'm not sure if that would be good enough to change the format of this file. However I would be happy to give it a go if other avenues are exhausted.
xy

Hi Angelboy/xy,

Sorry for the delay in responding, been away doing work stuff for a couple of days.
Can I attach files by PM? Not sure if I can, so if you send me email addresses i'm happy to forward the file on.

cheers,
Andy

I recall doing an index 1 157 based on the printed version.

Since I can't see how to add an attachment directly to a posting, I've put it on my website at http://www.amgron.clara.net/stoppress108.html.

I suspect that this is hardly what people expect nowadays and will only be useful for folk who have an enormous stack of back issues getting damp in the shed somewhere.

Jeff Gorman, GW Contributor since Issue no 6, I think!.

http://www.amgron.clara.net

Latest posts

Back