Good Timber Sale Weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveL
Yes I think I could do Sunday, As I'm the nearer I will go by your time os arrival. Let me know when.

See you sunday

Bean,

well I reckon it will take me about 2 hours to get there, hope as its a Sunday not to find to much traffic :)

So how about meeting at the BriMarc stand, at about 11:30. We could ask to try out the prize plane :wink:

Tony,

how are you doing? Will you manage to get there or will you be weeding your square metre of lawn :roll:

HS and Pete,

Don't forget the offer of coffee and a cake is still open :D

Well I met up with Bean, enjoyed a good chat, a drink and some french stick. :)

So what did you buy I hear you ask :wink:
Dscn2928s.jpg

Well here we have two 3" ash boards, hopefully most of the top for a new bench.
A 2" piece of american cherry for the legs on the desk I am making.
A 1" piece of american walnut, wheels for a motorcycle toy.
A 1" piece of maple (cut to get it in the car) frame for motorcycle toy.

A good day out. 8)
Just wish it was a bit cooler in the workshop, I think I need bigger eye brows :roll:

Dave,

"French stick" ? Did Bean shout abuse at you in a Foreign language?...
Seriously, the 3" Ash, how much?

Rgds

Noel

PS What happened to HL?

Noely

The Ash was £25 a piece, they are just over 8' long and I should get a nice 10" wide board from each with a few new little bits over. As I am looking at making the bench 6' long I should have some bits for the under frame as well :D

Alf,

The first toy is for my grandson so it has to be special :shock:

I had quite a lot of trouble resisting a palate of beech but I don't think I could have got it into the car :x The chap trying to sell it to us dropped into Vogon mode ('Resistance is useless') and had me and Bean creased up :lol:

Yes I did slip into a foreign language but as Dave had a babel fish in place he didn't notice. I guess we were fortunate that the vogon didn't do poetry !

I treated myself to a piece of :
1 inch Yew..........Despite asking Dave to keep me away from the yew, he took me straight there. The long tuited barometer looks a little closer :roll:

1 3/4 Walnut.........I feel a box coming on :wink:

and a piece of Tea tree to play with

A very restrained and pleasant sunny day of purchase's

Ta Dave

Bean

well guys due to the workload in A'dam , I could not show up on Sunday, as I had a ferry to catch.So on the way to my parents I do a "little" detour to the Good Wood location, and spoke to Erin, and had my YEW ordered up and hopefully it will be sent on to me in Holland this week.
So, I was/am sorry I missed meeting up with fellow forum members :( .
So maybe later in the year (pre Chrimbo maybe ?)
All the best HS
Back in hot sweaty Amsterdam. :roll:

We popped over on Saturday and were quite impressed. First time I'd seen or indeed lifted a breezeblock sized piece of Lignum Vitae - wow!

After much umming and arring we chose a lump of the 3" ash and a decent length of the 2" german beech. Should be good for a nice little table once we've got the P/T.

Also had Keith from Brimarc sell us the Leigh D4. So we may have a Trend dovetail jig coming up for sale soon, especially once we've got the box joint template.

They're hoping to do more than one sale next year, which is good news.

Martyn

No but I know it's pretty umm, robust. But hey, you should try wandoo, 50% denser than Jarrah!

The Lignum Vitae was fascinating. amazing green veined grain to it. However with a specific gravity of 1.37 it makes lousy pooh sticks!!

Martyn

Rattie Yes they looked fantastic but I suspect not the thing for raft building :wink:
I wish I had treated myself to a few more smaller bits, I was tempted by a bundle of Kings wood but there was not quite enough to make it worthwile, it was a bit frustrating. I will have to settle for my Tea Tree

Bean

Back