Good Table Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I will follow this as it interests me too. I generally use Freud general purpose. On my 10" they are (I think, from memory) 40 tooth. I cannot be bothered changing blades for ripping and then back for cross-cutting, although I know it is good practice. The Freuds are very good, good value (around £30, ebay) and last well.
Personally I am keen on trying a thin-kerf blade on my Tsaw. The kerf on the Freuds is about 2.8mm which seems fairly standard. I know from my bandsaw that a thinner kerf makes a very big difference, and I am sure that with suitable care a thin-kerf tsaw blade would be good.

The last blades a bought were a TCT blade from Axminster which has been good for crosscut and ripping, however always keen to see if there is better a products.

A small list of manufacturers/suppliers of top quality blades

Leuco
Leitz
AKE (quite expensive)
Stehle
Freud
Axminster
Cutting Solutions :mrgreen:
Duebro
NLS
Crowley Saws
Ernest Bennet

Could go on but got to the bottom of the page

+ another 1 for freud, but a small amount of laminate flooring has dulled mine beyond belief!

Also, +1 on the cutting solutions one.

If you are near sheffield, there is supposedly an atkinson walker factory shop where the blades are very well priced. The industrial ones get good reviews and I have heard are about half the retail price.

+1 for cutting solutions and Doug is happy to advise on which blade / blades will be most suitable for your needs. I've also been very happy with the stehle blades which Doug used to sell.

Some of the small circular saws I have used have had narrow kerf blades on them, seemed to keep blade speed up and less splintering. Obviously there are some deflection problems if not used carefully. I also wonder about lifespan with the thinner metal plates, too heavy useage and excess heat cant be good.

No one's mentioned Wealden yet. Their router cutters are top class, as are their saw blades, German made, industrial quality and reasonably priced...also postage is inc in the price. I've got one fitted and can't fault it...perfick :wink: - Rob

Amongst several that I own and use I can reccomend CMT, Freud Industrial and DeWalt series 40 or series 60 ( not general purpose contractor grade).

Back