Good service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Remarkable, considering the current constraints
Ordered from Arc Euro Trade late Monday night, an MT2 - JT6 arbor - delivered today.
Ordered from Toolpost yesterday morning, a face plate and four sets of jaws - delivered today.
Well done Royal Mail and DPD, also.
A plug for Toolpost - they have good discounts on their own faceplates and Axminster compatible/Versachuck jaws. I saved £59 (off list), plus I paid only one £7.95 P&P instead of the five I would have paid had I bought the jaws separately.

Ordered a Triton thicknesser from D&M Tools at 2:30pm a few days ago.
Order acknowledgement emailed within minutes.
Despatch notice and invoice emailed within the hour.
Item received at 10:30 next morning.
That's how to win customers!
Martin.

Pretty much everything I have ordered over the last few weeks has taken 2-3 working days before they even dispatch it.

Not complaining - I know things are understandably slower. Just saying.

Ah, you're just saying that now to pretend you don't have a bigger pillar drill than everyone else now so we don't feel jealous :lol:

7X9nMNb.jpg

I expected to wait a few days for this stuff. The couriers make a difference - Toolpost use DPD, which are expensive but quick. I had two deliveries of foodstuffs from the same place, ordered a week apart (both dispatched quickly) and delivered on consecutive days - one Parcelforce, one Royal Mail. The Parcelforce one sat in two depots for four days. Hermes are fantastic here, but dire a mile or so up the road.

I once ordered a left-handed tape-measure from Toolpost. I can't remember why I needed one, I'm not left-handed.
I got an email from Peter to say that it had been dispatched, and to say Hello to Kitty over the garden wall.
OK, I'll bite, even if it was a hedge rather than a wall.
Turns out that my next-door-neighbour was his mother-in-law.

Back