Good quality hidden drawer runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrYorke

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm building my 2nd ever bespoke kitchen and the customer has requested drawers runners that you can see or are hard to see.

Ideally soft-close.
The kitchen will be face framed.
2 of the drawers will be approx 1000m wide so need to be able to take a decent amount of weight.

I'm guessing perhaps Blum or similar?

Also best place to buy? I get a few bits and pieces from ironmongery direct and have a discount code so hope to make use of that.

Cheers in advance. Mike

The 3 makes I know are:

Blum, tandem
Grass, Dynapro (available from Hafele)
Hettich, Quadro

They are generally available with/without the soft close damper and in full and part extension options.

I've tended to use the Hettich runners but only because I get a decent discount on the account. I don't have enough knowledge to advise which are the best.

If you were thinking of buying in the drawers ready made, complete with the runners, there are some good companies that can do that, for example Quest (proboxdrawers.co.uk).

Theres a selection of all of them here

perceptivefittings co uk

Theres also sugatsune soft close runners they do which are not on there website but can be ordered over the phone.

Wow! those drawer runners are expensive. But not representative of all of Sds hardware. Their Hafele soft close hinges are the cheapet I've found.

tobyriches":1x07rr6o said:
Wow! those drawer runners are expensive. But not representative of all of Sds hardware. Their Hafele soft close hinges are the cheapet I've found.

Out of curiosity and being bored watching Liverpool in the champions league I checked out the prices of the hinges on the hafele site with my discount there about half the price of the sds ones

Cheers

Jon

What's the discount? 400 hinges works out at nearly half price, but hnge to hinge, comparatively it's just pence. Nevertheless will probably start buying direct from Hafele.

Back