Good quality hardware/ironmongery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noho12C":1gditxag said:
.......... I just think it would be great to have, even only online (where I do most of my purchases to them), a selection of common hardware used in furniture making.......

There is, as evidenced by the myriad different sites mentioned above. It's just that Axminster are a tool supplier, not a hardware shop, and they choose not to get involved in an extremely competitive and well-supplied market. I'm sorry this doesn't suit you.

Noho12C":puflylnl said:
Thanks for those links. Very nice things in there ! And Marches has some hinges that match what i'm after (size+finish).
Marches is pretty good, if a little expensive when you factor in delivery. I used their 65mm 'top quality' brass butts on the blanket chest I made last year and I've just received another pair for the current chest currently under way in 'shop (amongst lots of other stuff). They also supply the correct brass screws for the hinges, which for the ones mentioned were No7's; a bit tricky to get hold of elsewhere - Rob

I have a load of number-7 screws, I never knew they existed before I picked up boxes of them for free many years ago... you're not missing them are you Mike?!

I bought some number-10 by 3/4" slotted steel screws for finishing a bench once, I think I paid something near £1 each by the time delivery was in, but when you need a certain thing, sometimes it's best to accept that it costs to get things right, usually less than getting it wrong too

Aidan

Back