Good News

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
As you all know I had 3 dozen FD ultra reverse blades and 3 dozen Olsen mach spped blades sent to my by the Wooden Teddy Bear Company recently. I have now used a dozen of the FD blades and happy to report that every one of them performed beautifully. I never had one break or stretch and they cut quite fast, equally as good as the Olsen blades, maybe better.

The Olsen blades were okay as well with no ends bent over or bends in the length, like many were in the last btach I ordered. The Olsen blades I was sent performed very well but again, in the large batch that I have I get a blade now and again that is not consistent with the others from the same batch and when i get one of these the angle of the cut has to be dramayically increased in order to stay on the line of the pattern and when this happenes now I immediately discard the blade for a new one.

When i have used up my Olsen blades I shall of course revert back to the FD blades. For the work that I do I feel they are the best blades available.

Hi John. No, I did not order them, they were sent as samples for me to try from the Wooden Teddy Bear Company and for me to let them know, and the forum members, if they were up to the job, and they were.

Always nice to hear companies taking notice of the their customers reviews etc, I tend to wear them out nowadays rather than snap them like when I first started and now mainly use number 3's instead of 7's and 9's like last year :cool:
The only blades i don't like are the Olson Mach Speed in 3's and 5's which seem to run away with me? and also very rough cut on my beech, anyone else have that problem?
Cheerio
Brian

I'm hearing voices
goodnewseveryone.png

That's good news Geoff. I am getting seriously low on my old stock of blades and wasn't sure what to order.
Have ordered from the wooden teddy bear before and they are great to deal with but one hint for uk buyers: ask them not to put in one of their catalogues. The weight of it can double your postage costs.

Back