Good News

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
My other half celebrated his birthday today with news that, subject to getting the paperwork completed, he'll have a new job a week on Monday :) :) :). It'll be completely different to the work he did at MG Rover - he'll be on a residential care team looking after 3 long-term mentally ill people. It'll mean a huge pay cut on his previous earnings but at least it's better than Job Seekers Allowance and he should get an awful lot of job satisfaction.

He's asked me to pass on his thanks to everyone here who offered him messages of support when he was made redundant. He says that your kindness and practical advice gave him great encouragement. Incidentally, we understand that since MG Rover collapsed, only approximately 100 former employees have since found work. Apparently, most of the unemployed are looking for comparable jobs in manufacturing industry, but at a jobs fair last Friday we were told by the local Job Centre manager that their efforts would be doomed. She said that manufacturing industry in the West Midlands is finished; not struggling, not desperate - dead.

Gill

Take it the New Zealand electrickery question's not relevant anymore?

Good news, and good luck in the new job, Mr Gill

Gill":3ml6cw6d said:
It'll mean a huge pay cut on his previous earnings but at least it's better than Job Seekers Allowance and he should get an awful lot of job satisfaction.Gill

Hope it all goes well. A career change now, espcially into a caring profession will give plenty of job satisfaction, and also is normally an easily transferable skill so no worry about redundency any more!

Best of luck.

Adam

Gill, congratulations to Mr G, i hope all goes well for you both. You have really got to admire his guts and determination to seek and gain employment so soon, especially as it is something completely different from what he was doing.
It might be a huge cut in earnings but to the right person this type of work can be very rewarding.

Regards

Woody

Excellent news, Gill. :D =D>

He is certainly taking on a very demanding and worthwhile challenge. I am sure the satisfaction in his new work will be immeasurable, and will outweigh the reduced earnings.

Best wishes to His Lordship and :eek:ccasion4:

Cheers,

Trev.

Gill & Gill's Other half

Congratulations, its nice to here that some good comes out of a terrible situations. best of luck in his new job, I'm sure he will find it rewarding.

Great news Gill, please pass on my congratulations. Many wise words have already been said above and anyway at 21 (again) the retraining will be a cinch! :eek:ccasion4:

Cheers

Tim

Gill,
Thanks for the update which is great news for you both I am sure - and no doubt a very challenging but hopefully fulfilling job for hubby.

Hi Gill.
Brill news at long last. Your other half will love it the only thing to get used to is the shifts, most of our combined family have been in nursing the wife 13 1/2 years till her leg and foot got broke. The mother in law for 20 years the sister in law 20 + years and still doing it and my mum 35 + years she started nursing during the war, that shows how old I am.

All the best,

Chris.

That's great news Gill - the job will really make a difference to his charges - I bet it will be hard work but surely very rewarding.
All the best in the new job :)

Gill, it's nice to hear a West Mid's good news story, I'm pleased for your other half. I'm sure the role will be very personally rewarding. I hope it goes well.

Dicky "Stourbridge born 'n' bred" Mint.

Back