Good News Re Worktop Express

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Last year in June I ordered a beech worktop from Worktop Express. Before delivery took place I was admitted to the Krankenhaus, with a skin infection. I was admitted for as long as it would take; which was four months, including rehab, and I contacted the firm whilst incarcerated. (That's what it felt like!)

Worktop Express were good enough to keep the order on hold until I could take delivery. Just arranged it. Five minutes on the phone, and the delivery is due Saturday AM. Not bad I felt. At last I will have a solid top to place the PC etc.

A four metre by 620mm x 40mm top is £185.00.

Might be worth the expense if you want a good flat top for a workbench with minimum effort. Just fold it over to make a 2m x 80mm thick top.
Could be my next purchase as I already have the material for the 'undercarriage', which cost me petrol money, for a 7x7 inch, Douglas Fir baulk.
Maybe I will settle for my battered old bench though, to see me out!

John

I have used them a fair bit across several houses - and am currently sitting at a 4m oak top built into my library - which also caters for my computers!

I've used them plenty of times. they have a store and distribution center near to me, so I can pop in a poke the bits of worktop. they are really nice folks.
I'm ordering some of their own brand solid laminate from them for our new kitchen, it's got shiny bits in it. :)

Used them for my oak tops in the kitchen, then offcuts in 2 bathrooms. Nice stuff. It taught me quickly that 4m 40mm thick oak worktops are indeed heavy.

Would go back to them in a heartbeat. Them and DIYkitchens.

I found them brilliant - I bought an iroko top a couple of years back, trimmed it all, cut a hob hole, arrived back on the job the next day and found it had split apart on the glue line! They sent a van that day, collected it and within a couple of days returned me a replacement all cut and oiled.
Funnily enough I’m expecting worktops from them today - hope I don’t get a split but not worried if I do.

I found them brilliant - I bought an iroko top a couple of years back, trimmed it all, cut a hob hole, arrived back on the job the next day and found it had split apart on the glue line! They sent a van that day, collected it and within a couple of days returned me a replacement all cut and oiled.
Funnily enough I’m expecting worktops from them today - hope I don’t get a split but not worried if I do.
Good to hear. Good for them. :)

Same here, they were excellent from start to finish. Two guys delivered my extremely heavy worktop, carried it into my workshop, positioned it and took away the protective packaging. Thoroughly recommend.

+1 have used them a few times and are who I suggest people look at when choosing a worktop

Back