Good news for Tesco and Asda shoppers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not every country in the world has safe drinkable tap water - I've just come back from Spain where the advice was not to drink the tap water?
I remember years ago the same advice was given when travelling in France and other European countries.

Rod

Harbo":3brzznaa said:
Not every country in the world has safe drinkable tap water - I've just come back from Spain where the advice was not to drink the tap water?
I remember years ago the same advice was given when travelling in France and other European countries.

Rod

I think you will find that civilisation has reached across the channel by now.

I worked in the Middle East for a few years also, I would buy bottled water and boil it, sterilise the bottle and put the water back into the bottle to cool before refrigerating. Maybe that's why I was always thirsty.....

In Tudor times, folk drank ale all the time as water was unsafe - gallons of the stuff but fairly weak!

Rod

Not only is that where ale comes from, it's also why all folks of European background have the ability to tolerate alcohol - albeit to varying degrees. The reason Australian and North American aborigines are so disabled by alcohol is the abundance of clean water meant they never developed brewing, and haven't been subject to generations of natural selection developing the ability to drink without disabling consequences.

Back