Good Experience with Toolbank

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
At the Axminster show I bought a Powercap (one of those electric fan powered dust mask thingies). It didn't work when I got it home.

Found Toolbank on the web (hadn't realised I had bought it from them till I looked at the green sales ticket - it was in Hall 2 and looked like a Delta stand) and emailed them. They told me to call Axminster which I did. Axminster told me to call Toolbank. I explained that would be going round the houses and they said "Ah, don't email Toolbank, call this number and ask for Snowy).

Spoke to Snowy. Got new Powercap next day by courier who also collected the faulty one.

9 out of 10 to Toolbank - would have been 10 except for the email mix-up.

Sorry Chris i have just noticed your post.

It's nice when you see a company come up trumps. Well done Toolbank/Snowy.
To many companies ignore the customer when they have got their money or at best they take a long time to address the problem.

Thanks for telling us about Toolbank Chris.

Regards

Woody

Good result!

As a matter of interest, what's your opinion on the (now working) Powercap? Have you had a chance to christen it yet?

V.

V,

It is has a very powerful airstream- much more than The Racal unit that I used to have. It does not seem to collect dust on the inside either so I am of the opinion it does a good job at filtering the air. The polycarbonate visor does not seem to attract dust as badly as the Racal did either so a clear view remains.

I use specs for woodworking and I can get it on quite easily even so. One thing that irritates me slightly is the feeling that it wants to tip forward over my eyes (the weight of the cartidge filters etc on the brim contributes to this) . In practice it is OK, it just feels as though it's going to fall forward.

All in all I reckon it is a good unit .

Back