Good compressor for a newbie user

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some bloak

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a good quality compressor for good general use, but heavy duty enough to run nailers and any air tools in general that will no doubt lure me in.

I’d like to be able to buy decent quality/ good compatible attachments for it too. I don’t know a great deal about brands and types, but initially I’m seeing positive reports on belt driven, 50l capacity or more, twin cylinder, oil free/req oil?

I’m able to budget a few hundred quid or more but I’m unsure of the quality brands at this stage. Names I’ve seen are Draper, Wolf ?

Can anyone with good experience of compressor use point me in the right direction for the right brand and spec, and as usual all help and tips will be greatfully received. Thank you all for any help here.

Firstly, you need to look at the tools you may want and see how many cfm they need and at what pressure. Problem is many compressors advertised state displaced cfm but not at high pressure. I've had many compressors over the years from large for spraying cars and now just a very small one for pin nailing.

Belt driven oil filled are generally much quieter than cheap oil less direct drive ones. A visit to Machine Mart may be worthwhile to look at the various models.

Latest posts

Back