Good circular saw blades?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalbot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
Do any of you have any experience of this companies circular saw blades?
http://www.summitsawblades.co.uk/index.htm
I was looking around for a decent high tooth blade for cross-cutting, a good finish and the like and I came across them after a search. They seem awfully cheap for good quality blades. And they don't mention kerf widths either. But maybe they are one of the hidden gems of the web?

digitalbot":ep6miule said:
Hi all.
Do any of you have any experience of this companies circular saw blades?
http://www.summitsawblades.co.uk/index.htm
I was looking around for a decent high tooth blade for cross-cutting, a good finish and the like and I came across them after a search. They seem awfully cheap for good quality blades. And they don't mention kerf widths either. But maybe they are one of the hidden gems of the web?

I have used them in the past and very good service and the blades did the job - but to be honest I didn't have anything to compare against.

I still have one of their blades in my Skilsaw - no issues.

HIH

Dibs

digitalbot":3q8ua4hb said:
And they don't mention kerf widths either. But maybe they are one of the hidden gems of the web?

Yep they do.
In "Product & Range"
kerf 2.75 mm
plate 1.75 mm

Which means no good if you want to use them on your table saw and the riving knife is wider than 1.7 mm

and at 2.5 mm deep there isnt a lot of carbide for regrinds.

TBH I would be surprised if ALL the blades in the range were the kerfs and plate sizes they state....but it is their techinical info.......and they have good e-bay feedback.

I use them till well blunt then buy new they do the job no special expansion features but ok any way.

Thanks for the responses.

Seen as I probably won't be using the blade all that often ( I can only see it being used for about five cuts this year ) I think i'll give em a whirl.

Changing tack just slightly........when you get a blade resharpened do they only do it on the front face of the tooth? Only I was wondering about these special blades that are 'triple ground'. Does that mean that there should be three faces reground? Bearing in mind i'm talking about small 10" blades here.

they should grind ALL the angles of the blade.....many dont and just grind the faces. in the case of the triple chip blades they actually have 4 places to grind. two bevel & one flat on the top plus the face. and the "triple ground" blades are not special.

most saw doctors have automatic machines that grind away while the machine is unattended.

Glad this came up as im looking for a new blade for my dewalt mitre saw , ive tried cheap blades before but found they vibrate too much , at the price they are selling are they really any good has anyone used one on a dewalt mitre saw :?:

Buy the best blade you can get, the performance and finish is so much better. Cutting solutions supplies a lot of the trade lads and gets excellent feedback

Back