GOOD Charlesworth news!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robcosman

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a much anticipated phone call today, David himself dialed in to say a big thank you for all the support he has received. Quite overwhelmed with the sheer volume of email good wishes and orders. He is very weak and lost about 2 stones while in the hospital. I think that means about 35 lbs., correct me if I am wrong. He said the hospital care was over the top and he credits them for his recovery. He has a long road ahead of him to get back into fighting shape but the worst is behind him. I expect there will be lots of articles written over the next few months, one good way to stay involved. Thanks for you outpouring of support, was great to witness.

Cheers
Rob

Great news. Having lost 2 stone in just a few weeks he could write a book on the "David Charlesworth - weight loss programme"

Good luck with a speedy recovery.

Thanks for that, bye the way I have a book by David Charles "Teach yourself Carpentry" would that be one of his relatives past?
Cheers and kindness goes out to David...bosshogg :)

Good to hear that Rob. Thanks.
Boss,

Isn't David Charles the name of a book publishing firm (Or am I thinking of David & Charles?)
John

Hi John, I got that completely wrong, it's Charles Hayward I was thinking of :? , what am I like. Hope I haven't upset anyone, if I have my apologies...bosshogg

Not to worry Boss.

Charles H. Hayward it is, One of the most prolific of woodworking writers. He did a lot of his own illustrating too; esp. his ink drawings of period furniture. Lots of his work in old copies of The Woodworker.

All my copies of his books are in the loft, where they went when daughter came to stay for a while!

regards
John :)

Ron Hock posted this over on WoodNet, so I thought I'd copy it over here:

This just in from David:

"I am recovering slowly. It is a frustrating process and I have been told it will be six months before I am fully fit again. The three weeks spent in intensive care have been very weakening.

I have increased my dog walking from a few yards to about half a mile."
Progress in the right direction; good news. Unless the dog's got used to short walks of course...

Latest posts

Back