Good and reasonably priced track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleyheathhays

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm tooling up to do my first resin table and I'd rather not spend the $600 for the Festool track saw I'm seeing in all the videos. Is there a comparable model that performs as well? I definitely won't be a high volume producer. Don't need it to do any specialized functions. Just need it to have settings for cut depths and use a vacuum system.

A standard circular saw and a homemade track would probably fit the bill.

Your tag line made me verify that you are in the Americas so I can offer advice about a brand that I normally can't on this forum.
Grizzly sell a track saw that does the job although not as good as a Festool. It is a lot cheaper, saw and extra tracks for less than a Festool track alone. The dust collection works well enough and it does have a riving knife. You'll want to get a ripping blade if doing lots of solid wood rips. https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzl ... ack/T25552

Kreg have come out with their Adaptive Cutting System which is a track saw designed around their cutting/clamping table system that is worth a look. https://www.grizzly.com/products/Kreg-A ... Kit/T30683

As suggested for a one off job a regular circular saw will get the job done but without dust collection.

Pete

Thanks for the advice. After researching the alternative track saws I've decided I'm just gonna have to cheap out here as I've already spent a lot of money on tools recently.

So I'll be going with a regular circular saw and straight edge guide...aka maple board and clamps.

Can anyone suggest a good deep cutting circular saw that'll do the trick?

How thick do you need to cut? There are 8 1/4” and 10 1/4” but if you want your buddies to have blade envy, or maybe fear, Makita make a 16”. :shock: If it is a one shot job a pair of good handsaws, a crosscut and a rip, will work and be lots quieter.

Just invest in the right tool in the first place imo. Only end of selling it and buying a nice tracksaw in the future, if you're anything like me. Learnt my lesson now.
You don't want to muck up your expensive table. Maybe find a second hand one.

Latest posts

Back