Golf Trophy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John. B

Established Member
Reaction score
Latest piece of sculpture, Golf trophy before the name plates are put on.

Not too sure whether this the right section, General woodwork or Woodturning;

as the only 'turning bits are the golf clubs at the front and the barley twists at the back.

Oh, and the Glass bit at the top. critique welcome!

Made from Sapele.

John. B

FiddlersTrophy.jpg

Love the wooden bits - not sure about the glass - can't really see what is in or on it. It may be the angle of photography but the glass block also seems a little small? Excellent workmanship.

Richard

The glass has a golf ball etched at the bottom with its colour changing as light hits it at different angles.

John. B

Si,
Simple really, between centres, block of wood the length of the club plus a bit, the width little over twice the width of the club head

Turn to a cylinder, turn down the handle, from tail-stock end, to the club head, come out to the edge as in a bell shape.

Part off at the head-stock end at an acute angle, the thickness of the club head.

Band-saw off three sides roughly the final shape then sand to size and shape

John. B

I am after a small ashes type urn (The one England & Australia play for at cricket) made for a memorial golf day we are starting probably a bit bigger than the original does anyone know where I could get something made?

cheers

Kris

I like the wood and was also wondering about the significance of the glass but now I know, very good, I like it.

babzy10":3n6liuqt said:
I am after a small ashes type urn (The one England & Australia play for at cricket) made for a memorial golf day we are starting probably a bit bigger than the original does anyone know where I could get something made?cheers Kris

I have seen a replica made by a subscriber on one of the forums and also a how to in a magazine - either Woodturning or Good Woodworking. Both were a long time ago but I reckon if you use Google (other search engines are available!) you will probably find something.

Richard

Latest posts

Back