Go on have a Guess!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcros":65ltw79f said:
I am guessing an oscillating belt sander...

10/10 Marcos - how did you guess, anything to do with my post recently selling a disc sander due to the inpending delivery
of ------

Well done

All unpackaged and assembled today and I have got to say I am very impressed with it

DSCF3406.jpg

And Karl yes there is an Axminster Senior drum sander just inside my door, if I remember rightly you stood leaning against it at one point :lol:

That looks like a very interesting purchase, Roger, and it will be interesting to see and hear of how you get on with it in future projects. Is that the one that costs a shade under £600? Looks very impressive for the money! I think that's also cheaper than my AW106PT planer/thicknesser is now!! ;-)

Hi Olly,

It was £509 - there should have been a £49 delivery charge but it was delivered to Norfolk Saws who are Jet stockists and I collected it from them.

I was considering the jet model of similar size but there was a £300 price difference and as I already have alot of the Axminster range - non of which has ever let me down I decided that the extra for the jet wasn't worth paying.

Only problem was that there were NO assembly instructions whatsoever! A bit of common sense soon had it assembled though.

Chrispy":1qh2iteh said:
Ah, now I was just thinking pencil sharpener.

Well, you could sharpen a pencil on it I guess, and to be honest, that's probably all I would use it for!

Okay so I am envious... :mrgreen:

Have fun with the new toy. It looks the business.

John :D

Dodge":mnpegzsi said:
marcros":mnpegzsi said:
I am guessing an oscillating belt sander...

10/10 Marcos - how did you guess, anything to do with my post recently selling a disc sander due to the inpending delivery
of ------

Well done

All unpackaged and assembled today and I have got to say I am very impressed with it

DSCF3406.jpg

And Karl yes there is an Axminster Senior drum sander just inside my door, if I remember rightly you stood leaning against it at one point :lol:

That was exactly it- I was searching through for info on disc sanders and there it was. Does that mean I win the new toy? :D

Thank you for the London Plane- looks brilliant!

Looks a beast for the money. Why is it 16amp only? 2.2kw is less than 10amp. I have machines and even a router thats 2.2kw thats 13amp. The start up load can't be much more?

Anyhow, what will you be using if for? I think the sanding of edges on doors and panels is enough for me to warrant one, wish I had the room.

marcros":zfhojf6b said:
That was exactly it- I was searching through for info on disc sanders and there it was. Does that mean I win the new toy? :D

Thank you for the London Plane- looks brilliant!

You got your prize in advance - the London Plane - Hope it is ok for what you want.

Hudson, its one of those tools I think now I have got I will use an awful lot - just got to get it earning its keep!

As for sharpening pencils - it would eat them!!

Latest posts

Back