Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Gmail invites

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,
Google email - the "In" thing, available by invitation only (a good marketing ploy). Although they seem to be getting more generous with the invites so perhaps not very exclusive anymore :cry:

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive got 50 too. Well worth having a look around - I find it much better than all other email clients I've tried.

Adam

A

Anonymous

Ah. Thanks. I am not really very 'up' on these latest techy things :cry:

I have sent 4 texts in the past 3 years though :)

My BTinternet account seems to work fine :wink:

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems less like an exclusive club and more like opening night at Ikea to me now. :shock:

However, in for a penny, in for a pound (or free!) if any of these invitations are still available Chris, I'll take you up on it. Is there a suck it and see option or is the bot a permanent resident in your life after that?

I imagine my spybot software is going to love this!!

T

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Tim,

You need to PM me an email address to which I can send the invite. As far as I can tell there is no hidden spyware component. I am sure we should have heard by now if there were, given the large number of geeks and tech folk that use it..

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up my account but the 'accept T&C' button is greyed out. There is also the following warning displayed:

Warning: Gmail requires both javascript and cookie functionality be enabled. Check your browser settings to make sure both are turned on.

which I imagine is the reason.

As far as I know I have both enabled already but I can't be 100% sure. I certainly have cookies enabled for other sites but I don't ever remember consciously doing anything with javascript to either turn it in or off.

Any pointers?

Cheers

Tim

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks - I had already got all the scripting permission buttons enabled so I tried the tune up - didn't find any probs but still no luck. I'm not a luddite on the computer front but I am certainly no expert at the 'behind the scenes' stuff so I' not sure what else to do.

I even turned my firewall off temporarily to see if that made a difference and it didn't. Clearly please don't bust a gut over this but if you or any others have an idea it would be good to hear.

Thanks

BTW looks like we are sledging tomorrow!!

T

Latest posts